Has blowing my pre-op diet meant I can't have the surgery now?

I'm 4 days from my surgery and I ate. I mean- I didn't have my shakes for a whole day- and I really ate. (Stupid STUPID GIRL)

I know the point of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver as well as to lose weight for the op- so will I have disqualified myself for surgery as the liver will (maybe) now not be small??

Oh I'm freaking out they're gonna turn me away on friday!!

help!

Take a deep breath! You will be fine. While there are very good reasons to loose all the weight possible pre-op one day does not ruin a whole diet. Do you best between now and your surgery, drink lots, avoid salt and all will be well. I lost very little weight and they still performed the surgery. It is much safer if you go on a liver shrinking diet though so it is important to do the best you can. From your signature it looks like you have already lost some weight so that is great.

Good luck with your surgery!

Louise

I'm 4 days from my surgery and I ate. I mean- I didn't have my shakes for a whole day- and I really ate. (Stupid STUPID GIRL)

I know the point of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver as well as to lose weight for the op- so will I have disqualified myself for surgery as the liver will (maybe) now not be small??

Oh I'm freaking out they're gonna turn me away on friday!!

help!

((((((((((((((((BenjiGirl)))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I hate to admit this but I was far from perfect during the pre op diet. I was a mess of emotion and I just wasn't mentally able to have the strength of my convictions to follow as it was laid out for me.

I have read several boards, I don't recall a post from anyone who said they got to the operating room, they were cut open and then they were closed up because the surgery couldn't be performed.

My best advise is to hang in there. Don't beat yourself up and follow as closely as you can from this moment forward. The water weight will come off fast fast fast so it's not too late to really put a dent in.

:)

If you do find yourself swaying...for now, stay as far away from carbs and liquor as possible. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I suspect that what you consume the days, hours prior to your surgery is far more important than following the pre op the first couple of days.

Hugs to you. I believe in you. Please keep in touch.

xo

I had a completely different doctor and surgery center, but I ate normal food on my pre-op clear up until the day before my surgery, at which point I had 24 hours of clear liquids. So, I don't think you have blown anything, just get back on your pre-op diet and do what you are supposed to for the next four days. You will find after you are banded that there will be times you will slip up, but the key is to acknowledge them, not get discouraged and get back on track immediately. Just think, four days and you will be experiencing your first day of the brand new you - YEAH!!!

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

I am going to bed now, and when I wake up I will be off to the hospital!!!!

And Noelle- I will certainly be in touch :) Your hugs made me beam from ear to ear :)

Much assured,

Benjigirl

((((((((((((((((((((Benji))))))))))))))))))))

Sending you well wishes tomorrow. Oh wait, you posted at 2:30 am so that means you're at the hospital and you've probably already had your surgery.

I can't wait to get skinny together.

xo

((((((((((((((((((((Benji))))))))))))))))))))

Sending you well wishes tomorrow. Oh wait, you posted at 2:30 am so that means you're at the hospital and you've probably already had your surgery.

I can't wait to get skinny together.

xo

***chuckle

well, I think alot of us have been in your position...and by now, you have had the band?

I TRIED so hard..but ended up eating like too much pasta and pizza before surgery...and then the night before ate some excellant mexican food the night before about two blocks away (oh...and my last two beers **ahhh)

I refused to feel guilty and I also refused to be turned away =)

Last supper?

maybe!

here I am now 50 lbs down...do I regret that? no! would Dr. O lecture me? I doubt it!

we hope to hear of how you are doing!

thanks so much to all of you! I stuck to tHe pre-op like glue after My post, and was banded 2 days ago now! So, yes they still did the surgery and now I'm one of you a BANDSTER for life! I am sore and gassy. but I know that's par for the course. My port is so sore I can't lie on my left side though, and thats annoying:)

Only Day 3 and going pretty well I think!

Thanks to all For the support, see you on the forum as we journey together

YAY for you! You have done a couple of great things for yourself. One, you have gotten the lapband, which is the blessed tool of all of us on this forum. And two, with the buckle down YOU did after your original fearful post, YOU got it together and YOU DID IT. That is powerful experience to take heading into this journey. YOU will do this--and all of us here are cheering you on!!

YAY for you! You have done a couple of great things for yourself. One, you have gotten the lapband, which is the blessed tool of all of us on this forum. And two, with the buckle down YOU did after your original fearful post, YOU got it together and YOU DID IT. That is powerful experience to take heading into this journey. YOU will do this--and all of us here are cheering you on!!

that was a VERY encouraging post!

thank you tootsie-lou!