Michael Jackson

jhawkchick75

Wow...just had to post a quick note regarding Michael Jackson. I know he had major issues there at the end, but there is no doubt he was a pop icon and this will be a day we do not forget. He shaped my childhood and his music changed music.

With all the issues he had, I really hope he is now at peace.

I agree. RIP Michael Jackson.

I agree. RIP Michael Jackson.

GENIOUS music Icon..I was just behind Chaka Khan at LAX in Security...now THERE is an Icon...

He was a genious

He was also nearly (or was a pedophile) lest we forget

Wow...just had to post a quick note regarding Michael Jackson. I know he had major issues there at the end, but there is no doubt he was a pop icon and this will be a day we do not forget. He shaped my childhood and his music changed music.

With all the issues he had, I really hope he is now at peace.

Amen and amen.

We used to blast the album "Thriller" out our dorm room windows way back when. He unfortunately was the poster child for the question "At what price fame?" May God rest his soul.

Agreed...I do not condone or forget some of the things he did, but he also lived a horrific, troubled life. The stories i've heard about the abuse from his father then of course the high price of fame. Died around people that probably could give a rip about him just after his fame and money. Tragic.

I sincerely hope he can be at peace because I don't feel he has been since he was a very small child. His music shaped much of the music we hear today. The Justin Timberlake, Usher, and those artists. Sad...

It is very sad. I feel for his kiddo's and of course his family. He truly was the KING OF POP! No doubt. It comes as no suprise the flood of coverage. Lord knows he was a great giver. I remember listening to his records and dancing in the basement of friends homes. Thriller! LOL Good times.

A legend that is for sure!

It’s a shame! I knew he pulled an Elvis. I don’t know anyone that didn’t like MJ. I’ve been to so many concerts in my life & I’ve never saw him! I wish I did...

As for the pedophile thing - He was never convicted- but it’s a all around shame. If He was guilty then that kids life was messed up - Other wise even though he was found innocent MJ’s life was screwed up after that, ( not like it was all that normal BUT) he never recovered form the accusations & it messed him up even more

So either way it’s just a shame He was also sued over everything. Everyone wanted a piece of him....

There is no doubt that Michael Jackson was an icon. I wasn't a huge fan of his 90s music

and lost interest in his music all together after that.

However, I loved his 70s & 80s music and still listen to it now and then...Billie Jean, PYT, Thriller and so on rocked!

I do hope he is at peace now too.

On another note, Farrah Faucett also passed away the same day. I loved her in Charlies Angels

and the lifetime movies she made. She is also another Icon that will be missed!

I didn't have the same type cancer as she did, but cancer takes so much out of you.

Now she is no longer in pain and I also wish her to rest in peace.

Kristi

You know, it is weird, it feels really "odd" him being gone now. Maybe it is because he has been in the news as long as I can remember. I listened to the Jackson 5 in elementary school. Michael was 4 months older than me.

What a long, strange ride he had!

I agree with the "at what price fame" but could add the "money does not buy happiness."

A not unexpected ending (at least not to me, I thought he looked deathly ill at his 2005 trial) to a superbly talented individual.

May he rest in peace.

Dawn

Wow I had never seen that video before, that an incredible voice. I will miss Michael Jacksons beautiful voice and all the music that he gave us. I grew up with him, watching him make so much achevement, how sad to see him go. Thanks for the video, it was very nice.

I THINK ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS WAS THE ONE HE DEDICATED TO RYAN WHITE, GONE TO SOON. I'LL MISS NOT SEEING ANYTHING NEW FROM HIM :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=101iXwPTNE0

• 1 year later...

Ladies, don't write this man off yet. I have lots of reasons to believe that this "death" is just a hoax. We shall see this summer for certain I think. I'm thinkin he wants to teach certain people some lessons & get all of us to realize we need to take care of our planet and each other.