Yay! It's official!!

Good morning, everyone! It's official...I'm now a bandster! My surgery was performed at 4:17 pm on Thursday, June 25. I got home last night but I was pretty wiped out from flying and just didn't have the energy to get online last night.

The Dr. found that I had a hiatal hernia and some adhesions and that my stomach was in my chest cavity instead of in my abdominal cavity where it belongs (I had no clue!). He fixed everything and didn't charge me a penny extra! How the hell cool is that!!!????

I'm glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed, that's for sure. My dogs are due home today. I had chicken broth and a half a glass of apple juice last night for dinner. Took me three hours to finish it...and honestly, pre-lapband, it would have been gone in three minutes!

I got on the scales this morning and they say I weigh seven pounds more than I did the morning I left. Is that from water weight? I'm assuming it is because my little fingers look like sausages and I can't get any of my rings on yet. I have a new motto....'Adjust, Adapt, and Overcome!'

I am *so* excited about the new me about to be made!!!

Hugs to everyone!!

=D>

That is AWESOME! Congratulations and keep reporting your progress. I can't wait until my turn!!

Red

Congrats and welcome to the other side! You were pumped full of gas for the surgery, so don't even bother getting on the scale for a couple of weeks. I know I couldn't resist, but don't let it upset you. Gonna take time to get that air out and gaining is totally common.

Congrats again!

Congrats to you! You sound so excited! I can't wait to have my surgery! I am curious... did you experience bad gas pains? And if so what did you do for it? And how does your port site feel? I am a sponge trying to learn all I can, lol! Congrats again! =D>

Hi, Alia! Nope, didn't experience bad gas at all, but then I did make myself get up several times and walk the corridors of the hospital. And I have (of course) been passing the gas. I was actually pretty glad that the sound of the airplane was as loud as it was yesterday on the flight home (for obvious reasons)!

My port is not located in the 'normal' place...mine is between my boobs. But so far, I haven't experienced any more pain at the port site than at any of the other sites.

Thank you for asking...now I *finally* feel like I have something useful to contribute to the forum!!

BIG thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to the 'other' side. I love the sense of comraderie that we share, even though we're not all banded by the same surgeon. You guys are awesome! :wub:

Good morning, everyone! It's official...I'm now a bandster! My surgery was performed at 4:17 pm on Thursday, June 25. I got home last night but I was pretty wiped out from flying and just didn't have the energy to get online last night.

The Dr. found that I had a hiatal hernia and some adhesions and that my stomach was in my chest cavity instead of in my abdominal cavity where it belongs (I had no clue!). He fixed everything and didn't charge me a penny extra! How the hell cool is that!!!????

I'm glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed, that's for sure. My dogs are due home today. I had chicken broth and a half a glass of apple juice last night for dinner. Took me three hours to finish it...and honestly, pre-lapband, it would have been gone in three minutes!

I got on the scales this morning and they say I weigh seven pounds more than I did the morning I left. Is that from water weight? I'm assuming it is because my little fingers look like sausages and I can't get any of my rings on yet. I have a new motto....'Adjust, Adapt, and Overcome!'

I am *so* excited about the new me about to be made!!!

Hugs to everyone!!

Congrats and welcome and I agree, your attitude is GREAT !

Carrie