Daily Caloric Intake

Hey guys! I was just curious as to the average you now eat on a daily basis? I know it's different for everyone and you are to eat only 1/3 of what you could have before but I just wanted to know. I start solids this 4th of July. Yay me!

I try to keep mine at around 1000 a day. I do about 300 per meal and then allow another hundred for snacks. There are times I will go over (like today as I had a rotten dr.'s appt. so I decided to compensate for it, but this is the exception as opposed to the norm), but most days I am around 1000. Changing up your caloric intake occasionally is a good think as it helps to keep your body guessing about what it is going to get. Having your body go into storage mode (there is a technical term but I can't remember it at the moment) and holding on to everything it can is not a good thing and will often put you into a plateau which can be very frustrating.

I try to aim for 1200 on a normal day and 1400 when I work out, but i'm not gonna lie many days I don't hit that. My weight loss has stalled and I think i'm not eating enough. Make sure you keep that in mind - eating too little will cause you to not loose too. I'm going to start counting calories to make sure i'm getting enough. I've started training for a 5k and my fill nurse said that now even more so I need to be getting even more protein in since i'm working out.

I try to aim for 1200 on a normal day and 1400 when I work out, but i'm not gonna lie many days I don't hit that. My weight loss has stalled and I think i'm not eating enough. Make sure you keep that in mind - eating too little will cause you to not loose too. I'm going to start counting calories to make sure i'm getting enough. I've started training for a 5k and my fill nurse said that now even more so I need to be getting even more protein in since i'm working out.

I think this is common and I too have falled into this trap. I eat between 600-800 calories a day. I could easily eat more but I have been on the 5 day PT the last 2 weeks - weekends. My husband is home until after the 4th of July which means it will be impossible to stick to liquids all day until my protien dinner. I will do the best I can to eat healthfully and I will LISTEN to the band when It says WHOA no more food. But NO 5 day pouch test this week. This will be a great chance the stretch my metabolism, focus on protien, and see what "normal lapband living" is like. I know it is not being on a liquid diet 5/7 all year.I will report back with my findings.

HI SHELBY!

For the past few weeks when I would see your posts and your newest picture, I have wanted to tell you that you look fabulous but also, YOUR CLOTHES ARE FALLING OFF YOU! You're so cute. Pretty soon, you'll be needing a new wardrobe! Yay!

HI SHELBY!

For the past few weeks when I would see your posts and your newest picture, I have wanted to tell you that you look fabulous but also, YOUR CLOTHES ARE FALLING OFF YOU! You're so cute. Pretty soon, you'll be needing a new wardrobe! Yay!

Thank you so much you are too sweet! I'm feeling good but i'll tell ya I had to go swimsuit shopping this week and it sure showed me how much I still have to go! :o That is definitely one downfall of the band is having to buy new clothes all the time, but i'll take it! Luckily I have a cousin who is losing as well and is a size or two smaller than me so I am about to get some of her clothes!

Have a great day!!!

Lea - Are you working out? If so, how long and hard are you going? On the average it takes roughly 2200 calories a day to live!!!! Soooooooo, if you can cut this by roughly 500 calories a day for one week, you will lose about 1-2 pounds a week. I may be off on my numbers a bit, but I lost a lot of weight staying around 1700-1900, but I was working out pretty hard.

Socal Kid

http://explore.twitter.com/Tkennedy

This to me is another great topic! I have struggle with the "correct" amount for me and I just cant seem to get it. It seems like the healther I eat and do my best to hit the 1200 calories I do ok. However if I stray from that and eat something "bad" and still stay within my 1200 calories, I will gain weight. I have a friend that was banded here in my home town and her doctor tells her not to eat over 800 calories a day. I was told that you will not loose if you do that, however her weight has fallen off of her! I am aware of my calories, protein, and type of food intake I eat. She does not watch anything, dont even think she knows what a protein shake taste like..lol

I honestly think everyone is so different and where one person can eat whatever they want (like my friend) and others (like me) has to be very strict with the types of foods we eat and the calories we eat. I wish I could find that magic number, but no luck so far with that!

Good Luck!

Carrie

This to me is another great topic! I have struggle with the "correct" amount for me and I just cant seem to get it. It seems like the healther I eat and do my best to hit the 1200 calories I do ok. However if I stray from that and eat something "bad" and still stay within my 1200 calories, I will gain weight. I have a friend that was banded here in my home town and her doctor tells her not to eat over 800 calories a day. I was told that you will not loose if you do that, however her weight has fallen off of her! I am aware of my calories, protein, and type of food intake I eat. She does not watch anything, dont even think she knows what a protein shake taste like..lol

I honestly think everyone is so different and where one person can eat whatever they want (like my friend) and others (like me) has to be very strict with the types of foods we eat and the calories we eat. I wish I could find that magic number, but no luck so far with that!

Good Luck!

Carrie

Hi Carrie! For me, I guess in order to maintain my weight right now, my body needs roughly 1900 calories daily and for every pound I want to lose, I need to cut down 500 calories but I'm averaging 1200 right now but I'm yet to be on solids. I don't want to sound negative at all but I don't think that was good information that your friend's lapband doctors gave her. It's no wonder that her weight is falling off because 800 calories or less is close to nothing as your body doesn't have any energy to burn but it's the KEEPING IT OFF that's important. How so many of us have lost the big pounds but couldn't keep it. I'm the type that can lose it fast but gains it back too! ugghhhh! I tell you though, I can't wait to eat a tuna or chicken sandwhich on my first day of solids and if I gain a pound, I"ll take it cuz I'm just so excited to eat solid meat!