Water?

Keeping this short and sweet! After I am banded... will I ever be able to guzzle a cold glass of water? I don't mean in the begining... I mean maybe six to eight months afterwards?

Keeping this short and sweet! After I am banded... will I ever be able to guzzle a cold glass of water? I don't mean in the begining... I mean maybe six to eight months afterwards?

You're not supposed to "guzzle" any liquids. The OCC told me to take a moderate swallow and wait a few seconds before taking another drink.

I can & do. No problems...I mean not a huge glass of water but like 1cup at a time here & there, especially when I haven't had a drink of water in awhile. Everyones different!

Hmm...why would you want to guzzle your drinks? Don't you want to enjoy them? There should be no reason to 'hurry' and/or 'gulp' down a drink, whether you are banded or not. If you are, or know you are, going to be in this situation, don't drink or just leave what's left in your glass.

If you guzzle your drinks, you are risking yourself the chance of:

~ back firing your drink; sliming and/or PBing, due to food still in your newly pouch and it's filling up into your throat area;

~ stretching your pouch. if you have food still in your pouch and liquids are 'filling' in the air space around the food particles;

~ pushing your food through the band; causing some discomfort and/or irritation

You should drink in small doses, like a 1/4 cup, or at best, take small, not tiny, sips.

Best...Jazzy!!

Everyone might be different, but according to the fill doc at the OCC--you are not supposed to drink liquids like that. And like Jazzy said, why would you even want to guzzle?? When you have good restriction, you physically cannot guzzle. You'll understand when you get there.

Thanks all for the advice. I must be the only person in the world who on a nice hot day, "guzzle's" down a nice ice cold drink of water. Maybe I will understand better later. Thanks again though.

Thanks all for the advice. I must be the only person in the world who on a nice hot day, "guzzle's" down a nice ice cold drink of water. Maybe I will understand better later. Thanks again though.

Alia,

I have to really watch and try not to get too thursty throughout the day or I want to Guzzle as well. As others have said, it is not good for us to do this. There are times, after work outs, I will grab a bottle of water and turn it straight up and then my minds says....hmm Carrie you sure you wanna do that...lol kinda weird but something reminds me not to.....

I have often wondered if I was drinking to fast, then I thought......If I am questioning my self If I am drinking to fast, I mostly likely am drinking to fast!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

I guzzle, even though you're not supposed to, according to the OCC.

I am still getting used to not being allowed to, and still catch myself doing i every so often, especially when drinking out of a water fountain.

Only after I've eaten, and I drink too soon do I feel anything uncomfortable.

I guzzle, even though you're not supposed to, according to the OCC.

I am still getting used to not being allowed to, and still catch myself doing i every so often, especially when drinking out of a water fountain.

Only after I've eaten, and I drink too soon do I feel anything uncomfortable.

I'm a year out and still cannot do this. It's all worth it, though! :)