HELP! I feel like I can eat anything!

I know that many of you say that you don't feel real restriction until after the first fill but dang, I feel like I could eat anything if I allowed myself to. I'm too scared to hurt my band so I'm trying to stay under 1300 calories daily and lkeep a ow fat intake. I don't feel like I even had the surgery but mentally, I know I have to limit my eating as I don't want gain the 12 lbs I lost over the last 3 weeks and also because I'm not going to treat this like a magic band. I really do feel though like I'm just on a regular diet. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that I will feel some change when I get my first fill!

Also, don't forget about all the tricks folks talk about on here as well. Benefiber/Fiber Choice at 10&3, lots of water, etc...

Also, at least for me once I could eat again my head hunger rose like 100 million percent! That is what was hardest for me. So do like everyone said - stay within your calories and make sure you are getting a lot of protein. Then, it sounds cheesy but make sure and keep your hands and yourself busy to take your mind off it.

It will get better I promise! Good luck!

I know that many of you say that you don't feel real restriction until after the first fill but dang, I feel like I could eat anything if I allowed myself to. I'm too scared to hurt my band so I'm trying to stay under 1300 calories daily and lkeep a ow fat intake. I don't feel like I even had the surgery but mentally, I know I have to limit my eating as I don't want gain the 12 lbs I lost over the last 3 weeks and also because I'm not going to treat this like a magic band. I really do feel though like I'm just on a regular diet. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that I will feel some change when I get my first fill!

I hear ya!! I need the affirmation that this was going to work... I still do. I've had 1 fill and have little to no restriction but I also realize I can tell my brain to stop earlier than before. Ive also been pretty steady with my wt... I too am looking forward to finding my "sweet spot" everyone talks about. My 2nd fill will be next week and I am ready!

Hang in there

Hey Shelby I'm fixing to get banded next week so I'm trying to absorb all the information I can now BEFORE any problems arise. So what's this you talk about the Benefiber Choice thing 10/3 thing? Please advise......

Hey Shelby I'm fixing to get banded next week so I'm trying to absorb all the information I can now BEFORE any problems arise. So what's this you talk about the Benefiber Choice thing 10/3 thing? Please advise......

No problem! I do the chewable, but many others also will do benefiber either chewables or the powder in a drink around 10am and then again around 3 or so to keep the hunger at bay. I also would try the special K20 waters they are really good taste like kool aid! :P

I know for me i'm OK until around 3 and that is when I get hungry, so I do the quaker mini delights snacks which are 90 calories, but if you are tying to get less calories then the benefiber or fiber choice are great! I'm out now but need to get more - I do the fiber choice ones in I think it is either cherry or strawberry and they are good.

Good luck next week!

I felt like that 2 weeks before my fill and I was eating to much! I got my first fill on July 4! I did gain about 4lbs. I had to remind myself how bad i want to loose weight, and how much my little old band cost me! You can do it! Call the OCC and talk to Dr.Acosta maybe he will let you get a fill sooner!

I tell ya it really does make a difference! That and really watching what you are eating. For instance today I went up to the grocery store and made a salad at the deli. I put some hard boiled eggs in it and I tell ya what I was stuffed until 5 and I ate lunch at 11:30! Tuna does the same thing it really fills me up. Experiment and make sure you are eating foods that are really gonna fill you up.

Good luck!