6 month bandiversary

Well, I was banded Jan 8, 09. Today makes 6 months. I just got off the scale - I am happy and disappointed at the same time. On my surgery date I weighed 236.5 and today I weigh 210. I know thats not bad and I know I wouldnt have lost 26.5 pounds in 6 months if I hadn't been banded so I am happy for that... the only thing that disappoints me is that I am one of the people who exercise like crazy... I go to the gym 5-6x a week. My body just holds on to weight so hard. I lost weight a few years ago and got down to 210 but couldnt stay there, and 215 was my comfy weight where i stayed for a year (size 14/16). So its like my body wants to fight me to get past this point because ive been in the 215-210 range for a few weeks now.

So... for now I am happy with everything... My fill is good, I cannot even finish a whole kids meal or most frozen meals so I think I am good with that for a few more weeks atleast. If the scale doesn't start moving quicker I may get another small one. My last fill was only .2cc.

I guess I should be pleased, it comes out to about 1 pound per week since being banded and Im told thats average... or to expect to lost about 60 pounds the first year which I am on target to do. Its just a much slower process than I anticipated but atleast I haven't gained any weight!!!!

I will try to find pictures to post soon. I have one taken in mexico and my sister got married last week so I have some of me then. I can tell alot in my face and in my legs but the stomach, where i want to lose the most, is being stubborn!!!! lol

Anyways just wanted to update everyone on me... I am working so much now I dont get to come on here alot anymore.

Thanks!

The day after surgery with my dad and sister:

DSCF1666.jpg

DSCF1669.jpg

before the reheasal dinner for my sisters wedding on june 25:

DSCF2015.jpg

:lb10: Chirsty, you look great!!

I am one week from my bandiversary, and I too am in the same boat, only about a pound a week. BUT HEY WE ARE LOSING!!

All the best,

Jenelle

I agree. Christy you look amazing. It looks like you lost a lot more weight than you did. Don't be frustrated I can definitely see your weight loss. You are gorgeous! This is making me want to take some pics of myself. I just too gt frustrated because I just want to be at goal already. I know it won't happen overnight, but I get so impatient!

Happy anniversary Christy. Gosh, I'm jealous! You are soooo beautiful! :o

Christy,

You look great! It is not a race to be thin, but only to be healthier. You are doing awesome. It has been almost 10 months for me and I have lost close to 50, right about 48. I would also like to lose 60 by October, my one year mark.

I have never wanted to kill myself with this. I am losing at a decent pace, working out like crazy and figure it will all come off if I stay focused. It will for you too!!

Congrats on your weight loss! Just think of how much you might weigh now if you hadn't gotten it done! As my weight slows I keep reminding myself of that and look at old pictures to keep myself motivated.

I agree with the others it sure looks like a lot more weight than that! So be proud and keep up the good work!

Remember that the scale isn't the only way to measure your success. How are your clothes feeling? Has you clothes size changed? I had a few months where I had to measure my success by my clothes as opposed to the scale.

Slow and steady, indeed!

All of you are GREAT motivation.

Congratulations, Christy. You look fantastic.

Christy,

Sorry I missed your post, was out of town alot last week.......

I just wanted to say that you are doing GREAT and I agree with everyone else, you look AMAZING! So many people think that I took the "easy" way out by getting banded, they have no clue what we go through on a daily basis, we eat right and exercise more than the ones that are saying this and still it is very hard for us. Keep your head high and keep on keeping on! You are doing Wonderful! I go through weeks and weeks where I dont think I am EVER going to get this weight off, but I just keep on doing what we do and then all of a sudden, those lovely little scales that we all "love". :angry: ....lol will start to move!

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes to you!

Carrie