coffee shop at hospital?

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a coffee shop/cafe at the hospital for our support person while they spend the day with us...My older mum will be coming down with me and I have some worries about her having to "fend for herself" in terms of a bite to eat while she waits with me for my surgery, any advice would really be appreciated! I am actually hoping we meet someone down there so she isn't completely on her own (isn't it crazy how the roles reverse with our parents as we/they age!).

Thanks

Jen :rolleyes:

Jen,

This really isn't like a hospital. It is a clinic. As I remember it there aren't any amenities. I flew down by myself, but there were others that had a mother with them. The clinic is really good about having their driver taking them back to the hotel while you are having surgery or later in the day. The Lucerna, where I stayed has a really nice cafe/restaurant that she could have a bite to eat. A very large lobby if she just wanted to brouse and watch people. lol Maybe others on here will have more first hand knowledge of what is available for the extra companion that travels with you.

Good Luck,

Anne

Bring some cash with you (american will do), when you are at the clinic you can ask the staff there to order you lunch or dinner. There are lots of resturants and such in the area and I am sure they would be more than happy to help your mom out. When I was there someone had the staff get them subway if I remember right.

They also had coffee at the clinic, again if I remember right, my mom said it wasnt great but it was coffee.

I hope that helps you, I would contact the clinic they are so great about getting back to you and helping you out, and confirm or ask them about what I have said.

Where in AB are you from? Sorry if we have talked before, but it is hard to remember everyone. When is your surgery?

Good Luck,

Let us know what the outcome is,

Jenelle

Jen,

This really isn't like a hospital. It is a clinic. As I remember it there aren't any amenities. I flew down by myself, but there were others that had a mother with them. The clinic is really good about having their driver taking them back to the hotel while you are having surgery or later in the day. The Lucerna, where I stayed has a really nice cafe/restaurant that she could have a bite to eat. A very large lobby if she just wanted to brouse and watch people. lol Maybe others on here will have more first hand knowledge of what is available for the extra companion that travels with you.

Good Luck,

Anne

Thanks for the info Anne, much appreciated! I am sure it will all work out...I just have the compulsion to worry about every little thing...I guess that is called being a mum! lol I am also staying at the Lucerna and have heard very positive things.

Jen