Banded yesterday!!!! :)

I was banded yesterday at the Obesity Control Center. I had a wonderful experience. Dr. Ortiz and his staff were very efficient, friendly, and made you feel at home. The care here far surpasses the care i've received in the US. the staff is very attentive and informative. I was up and walking around not long after my surgery and I feel great. I can't wait to start on my Journey..... :D

Congrats I am so glad it went so well! But I am not surprised at all...my experience was so great so I know everyone else's will be! What a great group at OCC they take good car of you!

Welcome to the other side! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Congrats I am so glad it went so well! But I am not surprised at all...my experience was so great so I know everyone else's will be! What a great group at OCC they take good car of you!

Welcome to the other side! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Thanks Shelby! By the way you look great! keep it up.. :)

I too was banded yesterday and everything went so smoothly. In fact, I have asked to go home today rather than tomorrow. I love the nurse, Carmen. What a doll. I will post my experience for the sake of the newbies when I get home and settled. I'm feeling just a little tenderness/pressure, but nothing I can't live with. I'm really happy I went through it and would come back here in a hot minute! Talk at ya later, everyone! :D

I too was banded yesterday and everything went so smoothly. In fact, I have asked to go home today rather than tomorrow. I love the nurse, Carmen. What a doll. I will post my experience for the sake of the newbies when I get home and settled. I'm feeling just a little tenderness/pressure, but nothing I can't live with. I'm really happy I went through it and would come back here in a hot minute! Talk at ya later, everyone! :D

Congrats! When you feel the pressure just walk and it goes away. I walked a 1/2 mile last night before sleeping and slept like a baby. Guess what we share the same birthday only difference is the year. Take Care and talk to you soon!

I was banded yesterday at the Obesity Control Center. I had a wonderful experience. Dr. Ortiz and his staff were very efficient, friendly, and made you feel at home. The care here far surpasses the care i've received in the US. the staff is very attentive and informative. I was up and walking around not long after my surgery and I feel great. I can't wait to start on my Journey..... :D

Which band did you get?

Which band did you get?

Thanks Shelby! By the way you look great! keep it up.. :)

Thanks so much!!! You will not regret your decision!!! Time has flown by and I can't believe tomorrow is my 9 month bandiversary. It goes by fast!

Hi! I was banded by Dr.Ortiz on July 21st as well! It was a great experience...I can't believe it's over already! So far, so good! Much better than I had anticipated! :)

Hello, i am new to this site and was wondering exactly how much does this lap band surgery cost? i am seriously thinking about doing this i am 5ft 7 inches tall 20 yr old and weigh 312 pounds. the highest weight i have ever weighed. :o

WELCOME to Bandland Singingmama!! Yes, aren't they just wonderful? I received the same fantastic treatment as the rest of us have.

Remember to sip, sip, sip, and WALK, WALK, WALK...do lots of small, mini walks - not long ones. This is to help getting rid of any lurky gas bubbles you may still have in you, especially around the shoulder areas. The first 7 days, you are to drink clear liquids and you can have as many 1/2 cups you want throughout the day. There are NO calorie counting during this stage...so go for it. Once you've start feeling full - stop. Make sure you take Benefiber for the rotor rooter plumbing and take either the Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice (for Weight Managmeent) for the hunger pangs, which I take at 10a and 3pm. It really does help if you take them daily. Keep moving around and while sitting, occasionally move your arms up and down, just to get some movements around the upper torso area and help get any gas bubbles you may have from surgery or just plain gas from the liquids you've drank.

Keep a journal so you can write down your daily events. This would help with what works and don't work for you and how you can substitute to solve your issues, and to write down your goals. Start off with small, reachable ones, so you can achieve them quicker and make sure you reward yourself too! No heavy exercises for the first 3 months since surgery...this is the time for you and your band to bond and healing time.

Keep us posted on your weight loss journey as you are in for an amazing ride! Jazzy!!

Hello, i am new to this site and was wondering exactly how much does this lap band surgery cost? i am seriously thinking about doing this i am 5ft 7 inches tall 20 yr old and weigh 312 pounds. the highest weight i have ever weighed. :o

I would suggest going to the OCC site and filling out their contact form. A coordinator will call you, or email, and quote you a price. It varies. The coordinators are very nice and won't pressure you, just give you information. Here is the site:

https://www.obesitycontrolcenter.com/cgi-bi...?section=public

Red

• 2 months later...

I was banded Thursday 10/22. I'm feeling fine, no pain. The Marriott is nice and comfortable, and Tijuana is fine if anyone is worried about coming to Mexico.

I was not disappointed in any way. The facility is wonderful, every single person was excellent in what they did, and couldn't have been nicer. Everything was explained to me, and all my questions were answered. I was the only patient that day, and they could have released me and sent me back to the hotel. Instead, they gave me the choice and I elected to stay the night. The care I received from the doctors and nurse was outstanding, much better than it would have been in the U.S.

I was banded Thursday 10/22. I'm feeling fine, no pain. The Marriott is nice and comfortable, and Tijuana is fine if anyone is worried about coming to Mexico.

I was not disappointed in any way. The facility is wonderful, every single person was excellent in what they did, and couldn't have been nicer. Everything was explained to me, and all my questions were answered. I was the only patient that day, and they could have released me and sent me back to the hotel. Instead, they gave me the choice and I elected to stay the night. The care I received from the doctors and nurse was outstanding, much better than it would have been in the U.S.

Hi Drsteve - I am glad you had a good experience. Welcome to bandland! I can't wait to hear about your progress as you continue on.