2nd fill

The rules are hard at first, but once you get it, you go it. They become second nature.

You're a smart lady and you'll do fine - but one note - I didn't really get it (the sweet spot) until my third fill. There's a great chance you will this time - but just remember it does take time and we have to work it - and work it hard sometimes. I bought myself a special bracelet for my banding and it’s really just a pretty little thing - but I did use it as my reminder. It did work to have something you can see and associate with what you need to do to succeed, I wore it on my right hand so when I was bring food to my face I could see it. (Unfortunately its too big for me to wear now – just slides off my hand – surprisingly my hands shrunk too with everything else)…..

Best,

Lisa

The rules are hard at first, but once you get it, you go it. They become second nature.

You're a smart lady and you'll do fine - but one note - I didn't really get it (the sweet spot) until my third fill. There's a great chance you will this time - but just remember it does take time and we have to work it - and work it hard sometimes. I bought myself a special bracelet for my banding and it’s really just a pretty little thing - but I did use it as my reminder. It did work to have something you can see and associate with what you need to do to succeed, I wore it on my right hand so when I was bring food to my face I could see it. (Unfortunately its too big for me to wear now – just slides off my hand – surprisingly my hands shrunk too with everything else)…..

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I cant get discouraged... I'm hoping my sweet spot comes soon. I'm ready to work the band but right now its very hard with no restriction.

Thanks for the bracelet idea.....

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement

I get my 2nd fill this week too. And I'm in the same boat: NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER!!!! It's been very difficult since I've been banded to "work" with the band since I would never even know it was there but for the small scars on my abdomen :angry: ! But I'm hoping for some small sign this week to help me along. I may not get to my "sweet spot", but a bit of restriction would be helpful to get me moving. My fingers are crossed for us both! :rolleyes:

I didn't have any restriction until my 3rd and even that wasn't like everyone else described. Now with my 5th I finally have that restriction i've always heard about, but still have those days where i'm suddenly wide open and could eat anything.

Don't get discouraged - it takes time but when you don't have the restriction that is a nice time to work on those habits. Once you do have restriction there is no time to work on them - if you don't have it down by then it is PB city! Not fun!

Good luck!

I didn't have any restriction until my 3rd and even that wasn't like everyone else described. Now with my 5th I finally have that restriction i've always heard about, but still have those days where i'm suddenly wide open and could eat anything.

Don't get discouraged - it takes time but when you don't have the restriction that is a nice time to work on those habits. Once you do have restriction there is no time to work on them - if you don't have it down by then it is PB city! Not fun!

Good luck!

whew!! thanks for the encouragement and strength for something to look forward to. I am working the rules more. I do get tight if I dont slow down and chew but thats it... not restriction. I've pb'd twice and dont want it to happen if I can help it... What a horrible feeling.

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on all your success.

I get my 2nd fill this week too. And I'm in the same boat: NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER!!!! It's been very difficult since I've been banded to "work" with the band since I would never even know it was there but for the small scars on my abdomen :angry: ! But I'm hoping for some small sign this week to help me along. I may not get to my "sweet spot", but a bit of restriction would be helpful to get me moving. My fingers are crossed for us both! :rolleyes:

KSK,

I need to email you but I can't because it says your mailbox is FULL!!!!! GOOD NEWS!!!! EMAIL ME!!!!

Hi IrishRN and ksk - I just posted this bit of info on to another post and going to copy/paste it here...hoping you will get the jest of it..

Everyone is going to be different on this issues due to band size, etc. Have you been using portion control? That is the key and need to stick with this rule at all times. Restriction varies and everyone is going to be different on this. I, personally, didn't feel good restriction until my 3rd fill. Remember, your first fill will be like a 'primer', to get you ready for future fills, if needed.

When you had the band surgery, your stomach is totally mad at you! Then it's starts to heal and bond with your band. THEN, when you get your fill, your stomach is mad at you, again, and your stomach may swell because of the band tightness it's not use to...again! This is where you want to take it easy for the first few days and then progress to solid foods. Each time you get a fill, you will have a different reaction...and you go with the flow and go forward from there.

As for the bracelet - well, it seems a few of us have been doing something as a 'reminder'! I, too, had a bracelet, but I macrame mine so I can take it on and off - nothing fancy at all, just needed a reminder for the reason why I got the band. I do the same thing Lisa did, to wear it on the wrist that fed me! It's true, when seeing a 'visual', you are being constantly reminded and you act accordingly.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF...Jazzy!!

Hi IrishRN and ksk - I just posted this bit of info on to another post and going to copy/paste it here...hoping you will get the jest of it..

Everyone is going to be different on this issues due to band size, etc. Have you been using portion control? That is the key and need to stick with this rule at all times. Restriction varies and everyone is going to be different on this. I, personally, didn't feel good restriction until my 3rd fill. Remember, your first fill will be like a 'primer', to get you ready for future fills, if needed.

When you had the band surgery, your stomach is totally mad at you! Then it's starts to heal and bond with your band. THEN, when you get your fill, your stomach is mad at you, again, and your stomach may swell because of the band tightness it's not use to...again! This is where you want to take it easy for the first few days and then progress to solid foods. Each time you get a fill, you will have a different reaction...and you go with the flow and go forward from there.

As for the bracelet - well, it seems a few of us have been doing something as a 'reminder'! I, too, had a bracelet, but I macrame mine so I can take it on and off - nothing fancy at all, just needed a reminder for the reason why I got the band. I do the same thing Lisa did, to wear it on the wrist that fed me! It's true, when seeing a 'visual', you are being constantly reminded and you act accordingly.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF...Jazzy!!

Thank you for the encouragement! All if it helps!!

How did you do with your fill?