My friend- update

She came to me today. She called some dr down in Las Vegas who told her it was $20,000 to get the band. I told her more about Dr Ortiz. She is very afraid. She states her blood suger is at 400. She is getting very depressed and told me that she is having bad thoughts. She is tired of being sick. I told her to contact mymedicalloans.com and apply. The worse they can do it turn her down. I would even be willing to go to the TJ with her. She wants this so bad. I feel so awful for her. I am trying to really convey that she needs to be serious about this. She can not expect a miracle. There is no guarentee that this will solve her problems. I hope I am expressing the seriousness of this decision for her. Her diabetes is bad. She says her foot has a sore on it that will not heal. I have no idea if Dr Ortiz will take her with an open sore or not. I would hate to see her get denied because of it. It is so sad. She came to my desk crying. I hope I am giving her the correct advise. I dont want her to make a mistake. All I know is that this has worked for me so far. It is almost a year. I have not lost all the weight I want. I have not been perfect. I fear my band slipping all the time. But I still dont feel like this was a mistake. I just want to guide her the right way.

She came to me today. She called some dr down in Las Vegas who told her it was $20,000 to get the band. I told her more about Dr Ortiz. She is very afraid. She states her blood suger is at 400. She is getting very depressed and told me that she is having bad thoughts. She is tired of being sick. I told her to contact mymedicalloans.com and apply. The worse they can do it turn her down. I would even be willing to go to the TJ with her. She wants this so bad. I feel so awful for her. I am trying to really convey that she needs to be serious about this. She can not expect a miracle. There is no guarentee that this will solve her problems. I hope I am expressing the seriousness of this decision for her. Her diabetes is bad. She says her foot has a sore on it that will not heal. I have no idea if Dr Ortiz will take her with an open sore or not. I would hate to see her get denied because of it. It is so sad. She came to my desk crying. I hope I am giving her the correct advise. I dont want her to make a mistake. All I know is that this has worked for me so far. It is almost a year. I have not lost all the weight I want. I have not been perfect. I fear my band slipping all the time. But I still dont feel like this was a mistake. I just want to guide her the right way.

((((((((((((((((((((Stormy)))))))))))))))))))))))

Sounds as if you are good friend. Hugs to you. It's obvious you care deeply for your friend and you want her to be happy. I wish I had the magic wand or words that would ease her pain and your worry for her. Hang in there.

xo

I have a friend who recently had a hysterectomy...is terribly overweight and miserable. We all went boating together and I wore my size 10 denim skirt with my candies shoes (put on a bikini top)...and even though I still have 45 lbs to go...her jaw dropped.

That was the best advertisement.

She has been watching me through this process since last year and said to me while we were boating that she wants control of her life back. I also told her I would love to support her and go back to TJ

The best thing you can do and be is a friend. Show encouragement, reassurance and a little kick in the ass...but beyond that...you just cannot lead some fat chick's to common sense...LOL

Most of this is fear based and people who live in fear NEVER accomplish anything in their lives. I put both my 250 lb friend AND my 325 lb aunt who WENT to TJ with me for the surgery in this category.

Change is very scary for some people. there is nothing more you can do than what you are doing now.

oodles

C

The best thing you can do and be is a friend. Show encouragement, reassurance and a little kick in the ass...but beyond that...you just cannot lead some fat chick's to common sense...LOL

Most of this is fear based and people who live in fear NEVER accomplish anything in their lives. I put both my 250 lb friend AND my 325 lb aunt who WENT to TJ with me for the surgery in this category.

Change is very scary for some people. there is nothing more you can do than what you are doing now.

Oh Lisa--Great post!! Very well put!

How true, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.