Havent lost what I thought I would

Well Sept 19th it will be one year since getting my band. My husband has lost a lot. He still has a way to go but, he looks pretty good. I however feel different but the scale is not showing alot of change. I got under 200 and now I am back to 205. I am not happy. I dont know what happened. I did get a small unfill, maybe that was the end of what I felt so good about. But this stomach is still poking out and I feel like I am not succeeding the way I should be. I am bloated tonight so the scale is moving and I can't even believe what is says. Maybe after TOM comes it will be different. But I question what I am doing wrong. Currently I am eating pretty much what I want. All in small amounts. I am pretty tight in the morning. I tried to eat a scrambled egg and it got stuck after about the 3rd bite, not enough to start foaming but it was a bit uncomfortable. So I didnt finish. I can't eat certain cereals, like my favorite frosted mini wheats. Mostly in the morning all I have is a glass of milk or sometimes a small mocha. Then I will have a snack at about 10:30 and then for lunch I can eat. Usually have a salad and maybe a piece of boneless chicken. For dinner, I may cook a small steak or maybe a rib with a salad. I have been exercising on the pole, even did sit ups the other day, which made my port ache. But it is ok now.

I think maybe I should consider getting another fill.I am just not sure. I really am only tight in the morning. My concern about getting another fill is going through what I went through last time, where I could not swallow my phelgm. I sure dont want to get like that again.

So as it stands right now, I am at 41 pounds loss. I guess I am a little disappointed. I know everyone is different, but I have seen people on here say that after a year they lost 75 to 80 pounds. I wonder what I have been doing that is wrong. Maybe it is because I am still eating mostly the things I did before (well except fast food, I gave that up) but everything now is in smaller amounts. I dont know, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Well Sept 19th it will be one year since getting my band. My husband has lost a lot. He still has a way to go but, he looks pretty good. I however feel different but the scale is not showing alot of change. I got under 200 and now I am back to 205. I am not happy. I dont know what happened. I did get a small unfill, maybe that was the end of what I felt so good about. But this stomach is still poking out and I feel like I am not succeeding the way I should be. I am bloated tonight so the scale is moving and I can't even believe what is says. Maybe after TOM comes it will be different. But I question what I am doing wrong. Currently I am eating pretty much what I want. All in small amounts. I am pretty tight in the morning. I tried to eat a scrambled egg and it got stuck after about the 3rd bite, not enough to start foaming but it was a bit uncomfortable. So I didnt finish. I can't eat certain cereals, like my favorite frosted mini wheats. Mostly in the morning all I have is a glass of milk or sometimes a small mocha. Then I will have a snack at about 10:30 and then for lunch I can eat. Usually have a salad and maybe a piece of boneless chicken. For dinner, I may cook a small steak or maybe a rib with a salad. I have been exercising on the pole, even did sit ups the other day, which made my port ache. But it is ok now.

I think maybe I should consider getting another fill.I am just not sure. I really am only tight in the morning. My concern about getting another fill is going through what I went through last time, where I could not swallow my phelgm. I sure dont want to get like that again.

So as it stands right now, I am at 41 pounds loss. I guess I am a little disappointed. I know everyone is different, but I have seen people on here say that after a year they lost 75 to 80 pounds. I wonder what I have been doing that is wrong. Maybe it is because I am still eating mostly the things I did before (well except fast food, I gave that up) but everything now is in smaller amounts. I dont know, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Hi Stormy!,

Congrats on the 41 pounds....EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT!!!

Some little bird, (Jazzy) not going to name any names or nothing...lol, told me to start counting my calories. I was SO sure of myself that there was NO way I could be eating or gettig close to 1200 calories a day and BOY was I WRONG! Being hard headed as I am, it took me a few, ok several several months to start counting EVERYTHING that went into my mouth each day. I was going over the calories each day. After I started counting and really watching my Water and Protein intake, was VERY HUGE FOR ME....I started really loosing. I now am very aware of what goes into my mouth and I can prNot saying I dont EVER eat this, just dont keep it around to eat. If it is bad for me, I dont have it in my house, I will eat it. I have found that I have to stay around 800 calories for a couple of days and then bounce up to about 1200 + for a couple of days, I bounce back and forth.

EVERYONE is different and I have tried SO many things and this is what works for me.....Try different things, you might have to try them a week at a time, see what works for Stormy........

One more thing, you might not be eating enough calories either........

Hope this helps!

Carrie

Hi Stormy,

I agree 100% about logging your food intake. When I get lazy and don't log it, I don't lose, when I discipline myself and log everyday the scale moves. It really is an eye opener. I use sparkpeople.com. It takes a little bit to navigate your way around it but they have videos to help you get started and it is free. If you decide to try it let us know how it works for you.

dawn

STORMY, I THINK YOUR DOING VERY WELL. IMO I THINK PEOPLE THAT SAY THEY HAVE LOST 75 - 80 THAT FIRST YEAR START OUT AT A HIGHER BMI THEN WHAT YOU DID. THE SMALLER YOU ARE, THE HARDER IT IS TO TAKE THAT AMOUNT OFF