Do you ever stop feeling it?

HI!

I was just banded by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana on August 6, 2009.

I know I'm only 6 days post-op, but does the feeling of the band go away?

I thought it was gas - and maybe it was - but I'm pretty sure I can feel the band. It's like a mild tightness in my throat.

Thoughts? Feedback?

THANKS!

AimmeJo

Hi AimmeJo,

Welcome to bandland. Yes you will stop feeling it, but anytime you have surgery done you will have inflammation and swelling. Give yourself some time and you will be feeling better soon. I know that you are talking about around your upper stomach, throat area but something that helped me tremendously at my port site when would get sore was a rice/corn bag heated in the microwave. It also does really help a lot to get up and walk around as often as possible and then rest when you are tired. Good luck and happy healing and weight loss.

dawn

Hi AimmeJo,

Welcome to bandland. Yes you will stop feeling it, but anytime you have surgery done you will have inflammation and swelling. Give yourself some time and you will be feeling better soon. I know that you are talking about around your upper stomach, throat area but something that helped me tremendously at my port site when would get sore was a rice/corn bag heated in the microwave. It also does really help a lot to get up and walk around as often as possible and then rest when you are tired. Good luck and happy healing and weight loss.

dawn

During the first week after surgery, my heating pad was my best friend. It really helped with the pain of the incisions and walking helped the gas. Give it time

AimmeJo. You have had major surgery and it will take time to heal. You are going to get pains but over time, they will go away. I am day 23 and the only pain I have is an occaisonal pain at the port site. Since I am new to solid foods, I get some gas after eating which I really feel under my breasts, if that makes any sense. But I take a Gas X gel cap and it goes away almost immediately. Wearing a bra still bugs me too, so I take it off when at home. I still get tired so I know I have a little bit longer to be 100%, but I'm getting there and you will too!

Red

HI!

I was just banded by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana on August 6, 2009.

I know I'm only 6 days post-op, but does the feeling of the band go away?

I thought it was gas - and maybe it was - but I'm pretty sure I can feel the band. It's like a mild tightness in my throat.

Thoughts? Feedback?

THANKS!

AimmeJo

((((((((((((((((((((AimmeJo)))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. Hang in there. I was banded recently myself. I think the majority of the pain went away about a week later. I will be honest, I had a rough time with the pain when I was first banded. To the point were I really regreted my decision. I thought, "What the ....urewuo.... did I do to myself?"

I thought I'd never feel like myself. Now, just a few months later, I feel so good. Aside from not feeling physically hungry, nothing has changed with the way I feel. I was really nervous I'd feel horrible after my first fill, but I feel great .

In fact, to be totally honest, I feel so good I'd go through it all again if I could turn back time and I'd encourage anyone on the fence about the surgery to do it.

xo

I hope you begin to feel better quickly.

Thanks for the feedback. Not that I would care THAT much if it never changed ;) , but it's good to know what to expect.

Hi there,

I was banded the day after you and I am experiencing the same feeling. Before surgery I asked Dr. Martinez if I ever was going to "feel" the band inside me and he said no. The only thing I should feel is restriction once I start getting my fills.

I believe what we are experiencing is the dreaded gas. Hopes this helps :D