Had a complete unfill

After weeks on end of days where I'm fine then one minute then too tight to eat enough calories the next....and ANOTHER 24 hours (Thursday) of pb'ing everything including liquids, I called OCC and talked to them. They said the best thing to do is unfill for three weeks and let the swelling go down. So I did. This should be interesting. I have to say, I'm SO excited to eat fruit and veggies again!!! Wish me luck.

Sabrina:)

Sabrina,

Trust me, I feel your pain. I've been unfilled completely for weeks. I do still have restriction which is scary yet good. My secret is to keep exercising and I LIVE off of the "Eat This, Not That" books. I seriously think everyone on earth should have the books. There are 4 now I haven't got the newest yet but I read through them at each meal. I also am enjoying fruits and veggies that I couldn't eat with a fill. I've had some bad days for sure, gained like 5 lbs in the first week! But I am back down 6 lbs since so I am still going down. Good luck! Just pretend you have a fill!

Karen

After weeks on end of days where I'm fine then one minute then too tight to eat enough calories the next....and ANOTHER 24 hours (Thursday) of pb'ing everything including liquids, I called OCC and talked to them. They said the best thing to do is unfill for three weeks and let the swelling go down. So I did. This should be interesting. I have to say, I'm SO excited to eat fruit and veggies again!!! Wish me luck.

(((((((((((((((((((Sabrina)))))))))))))))))))

I believe in you hun. I'm glad you talked to the OCC and I am glad things were caught in enough time for the swelling to go down...and it will.

The timing is perfect, summer fruits right now are ripe and juicy.

xo

Sabrina,

Trust me, I feel your pain. I've been unfilled completely for weeks. I do still have restriction which is scary yet good. My secret is to keep exercising and I LIVE off of the "Eat This, Not That" books. I seriously think everyone on earth should have the books. There are 4 now I haven't got the newest yet but I read through them at each meal. I also am enjoying fruits and veggies that I couldn't eat with a fill. I've had some bad days for sure, gained like 5 lbs in the first week! But I am back down 6 lbs since so I am still going down. Good luck! Just pretend you have a fill!

Karen

(((((((((((((((((((((Karen))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for the info on the "Eat This, Not That" books. I found a great link I wanted to share: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/

IT'S NEVER GOOD TO BE THAT TIGHT, IT'S JUST MISERABLE LIVING LIKE THAT AND UNHEALTHY. YOU'LL BE GLAD YA HAD YOUR UNFILL IN THE END :)

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!! JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND YOU'LL BE ON YOUR WAY AGAIN SOON

I know you've "heard it all before" but it is TRUE that if you are too tight you will not lose weight. When my doctor weighed me before my unfill, I had GAINED one pound this month- on about 500 cals per day!!! Hard to believe.

Honestly, if I never lost another pound I would be okay- as long as I don't gain any weight back. Don't get me wrong, if I can get that last 20 pounds off, I know it would be healthier, but I "feel" and I think I look pretty good. In fact, my face is starting to get too thin and I worry that at goal, I will look sickly (at least in my face).

That is the problem for me- face is very thin but my stomach still hangs over (muffin top) the waist band of my pants and my boobs are drooping. I'm a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck/breast lift but can't afford it right now. I guess the average woman pushing 40 that has had a couple big babies looks this way....which makes me feel better that I look pretty much like a typical mom and not an obese person anymore!

ps- Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Sounds like it is a good thing that you got the unfill before it did any damage. Glad to hear you are feeling OK!

I would just recommend getting back to basics like we did before that first fill or for me after those first few fills as they did nothing for me. Eat really slow, use benefiber and stuff like that, and eat really filling foods and measure. It stinks, but once you are healed you will be able to get that fill again and feel better.

Good luck!

Hi Sabrina, Sorry to hear about your unfill, My husband keeps telling me I need one, I PB daily, and find it's just easier to drink my calories than eat them! and I only gain weight :(

Can you tell me who you used? I really don't want to cross 2 borders and go to Marysville, just not enough hours in a day. If you used a Dr. closer can

you give me the info please.

Thank you so much,

P.S. do you work for 104.9?

I work for 104.9's sister station, News 1130, but I do the weather on 104.9 once an hour while I am there. As for the unfill, he is in Surrey so it would be real easy for you to get to him. He charges $100 Canadian and he gets me on the first poke every time. He took out .2 cc twice but I was still having problems periodically so OCC said go with the unfill for three weeks. I should have had 3 cc's left in my band but he could only get 2.2 cc out so there may be a little fluid left in me but I have no restriction-but also no discomfort at all, which feels SO good. You don't want to slip your band! Call him at 604-580-5541. His name is Dr. Manchanda. Let me know when you come up and we can meet for coffee!

Hi Sabrina, Sorry to hear about your unfill, My husband keeps telling me I need one, I PB daily, and find it's just easier to drink my calories than eat them! and I only gain weight :(

Can you tell me who you used? I really don't want to cross 2 borders and go to Marysville, just not enough hours in a day. If you used a Dr. closer can

you give me the info please.

Thank you so much,

P.S. do you work for 104.9?

I work for 104.9's sister station, News 1130, but I do the weather on 104.9 once an hour while I am there. As for the unfill, he is in Surrey so it would be real easy for you to get to him. He charges $100 Canadian and he gets me on the first poke every time. He took out .2 cc twice but I was still having problems periodically so OCC said go with the unfill for three weeks. I should have had 3 cc's left in my band but he could only get 2.2 cc out so there may be a little fluid left in me but I have no restriction-but also no discomfort at all, which feels SO good. You don't want to slip your band! Call him at 604-580-5541. His name is Dr. Manchanda. Let me know when you come up and we can meet for coffee!

Hi Sweetie! So sorry for your mishaps but it's the best thing for you right now to clear up the situation. My DIL had to have the same thing, unfill for 3 weeks, and she is doing good now. Yeah, she said she had no restrictions at all but soooo glad to eat the fruits and veggies! I envy you all!! LOL

I am hearing a lot of this happening with the band being too tight and that is one of the reason why I haven't gone to get another fill. I've had 3 so far and I've a 1.8cc in my 4cc band. I don't have the 'sweet spot' any more but I am working with the band harder than I have before and it's working for me. I no longer focus on my foods anymore, which is sooo weird, but it's all on the fitness and other activities I do daily, weekly, etc. I can't believe the energy I am having and how I am 'ready and raring' to go I am! It's amazing. So, I am going to stick with this last fill I got in March and work with it more and more. From time to time, I will get food stuck, but then I didn't cut it smaller or chew it real good...so I wait ti out and turn around and focus on my eating better and cut the darn pieces smaller. It's all a re-learning process...

My suggestion is to keep the same basics like Shelby says and still do the portion control to keep the mindset continuing.

Good luck and keep us posted as you go...((HUGS!!)) ~ Jazzy!!