Does anyone drink wine?

Ok I have come from being the person who liked her mud slides and whiskey to not having basically anything at all. I know, it is full of calories but I would like to have a nice wine maybe once a month or something. I got some sparkling wine and then relized it was carbonated. Oh bad idea. I did not feel well. Forget that. I attempted to have my whiskey sour and got loaded off one drink. That is not what I want either. I dont like being drunk. I just want something that taste good, that gives you that relaxed feeling, not intoxicated! After working 40-60 hours a week, I think one time a month would be ok. I just really have no desire for real alcohol anymore. It is amazing that this band can do that. But it did. Do any of you drink wine? Is there a brand or type that you enjoy? What kind of food do you serve after you have your glass. Since you can't drink with meals anymore, is there a meal that really matches the type of wine that you like? I heard there is a good salmon recipe that goes good with a nice white wine. Any ideas? I have also been told there are some wines that are low in calories?

Hi Stormy,

I drink red wine because that is what the Doc said I can have, but that is a good question. It would be nice to find some good red wine....

I don't like the dry type or at least the really dry kind.

My friend Denise says that Zinfandel Angels Creek is a good one.. If it is too sweet, try Malbec. :)

Hugs,

Kristi

rarely if ever drink vodka anymore or any hard alcohol, except for the occassional Rita while having some Carne Asada at a mexican restaurant. Red wine makes me to acidy

I have been drinking white wines...specifically Duck Pond Pinot Grigio from Oregon (runs about $9.50 at Fred Meyer). White wine has on average 100 calories for a 6 oz glass and it does not make me burpy

I cannot drink beer at all...it just foams into the back of my throat

Ok I have come from being the person who liked her mud slides and whiskey to not having basically anything at all. I know, it is full of calories but I would like to have a nice wine maybe once a month or something. I got some sparkling wine and then relized it was carbonated. Oh bad idea. I did not feel well. Forget that. I attempted to have my whiskey sour and got loaded off one drink. That is not what I want either. I dont like being drunk. I just want something that taste good, that gives you that relaxed feeling, not intoxicated! After working 40-60 hours a week, I think one time a month would be ok. I just really have no desire for real alcohol anymore. It is amazing that this band can do that. But it did. Do any of you drink wine? Is there a brand or type that you enjoy? What kind of food do you serve after you have your glass. Since you can't drink with meals anymore, is there a meal that really matches the type of wine that you like? I heard there is a good salmon recipe that goes good with a nice white wine. Any ideas? I have also been told there are some wines that are low in calories?

JUST TO KEEP IT EASY FOR YOU, WHITE WINE, WHITE MEAT, RED WINE, RED MEAT

RIGHT NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS FROM TOWNSHEND, THE CAB

THIS TIME OF YEAR I ALSO MAKE MY OWN SANGRIA AND KEEP THAT IN THE FRIG. IT'S PERFECT WHEN HAVING PEOPLE OVER AS IT MAKES A GALLON AND A HALF BUT KEEPS IN THE FRIG FOR A GOOD WEEK, if it lasts that long :)

I am definitely a white wine girl. I like Pino and Chardonay the best - yellow tail is good and inexpensive. Not sure if you have Trader Joes near you, but they have a huge wine selection and it is all very cheap which is nice b/c I hate it when I buy a wine and don't like it and have spent good money on it. White it great with seafood of any kind and your reds are better with steak, etc...

It's a bit sweeter, but I also like white zinfandel. I buy Franzia since it comes in the box with the little spout that way it doesn't go bad and if I want to have just one glass of wine I can. A couple of other companies are doing the wine in a box now too which is nice, but I haven't tried any of those.

Besides wine my drink of choice is vodka and cranberry. I do this ocean spray cranberry/pomegranite mix and it is really good and about 50 calories per drink so not bad at all!

I LOVE CHEAP PINK WINE!!! Peter Villa white zinfadel.. 5 litres.. goes with chicken or beef or hot dogs, sloppy joes, Hell I can't think of anything it

dosen't go with!!! :D LOL. I drink way to much of it, and would probably be a size 2 if i didn't, but life wouldn't be nearly so much fun!! (i know, i know empty calories)

Life is to short not to drink cheap wine.

JUST TO KEEP IT EASY FOR YOU, WHITE WINE, WHITE MEAT, RED WINE, RED MEAT

RIGHT NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS FROM TOWNSHEND, THE CAB

THIS TIME OF YEAR I ALSO MAKE MY OWN SANGRIA AND KEEP THAT IN THE FRIG. IT'S PERFECT WHEN HAVING PEOPLE OVER AS IT MAKES A GALLON AND A HALF BUT KEEPS IN THE FRIG FOR A GOOD WEEK, if it lasts that long :)

OK Pammie,, how do you make your own Sangria? LOL

OK Pammie,, how do you make your own Sangria? LOL

OK YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!

I HAVE ONE OF THESE FOR STORAGE: http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/produ...Id=HPProd100033

SANGRIA:

1/2 OF A 1.5 LITER BOTTLE OF CARLO ROSSI BURGUNDY

1 BOTTLE OF DUBONNET WINE (FOUND AT THE LIQUOR STORE HERE)

2/3 CUP BRANDY

1 1/4 CUP PEACH SCHNAPPS

1 1/4 CUP TRIPLE SEC (if you want to jack up the liqueur contain, then add like Patron orange liqueur instead but not needed)

1 QUART ORANGE JUICE (i just purchase Doles frozen concentrate orange/pineapple & add the 3 cans of water for the 2 juices)

1 QUART PINEAPPLE JUICE

1 QUART SWEET AND SOUR

SWEETEN TO TASTE WITH SIMPLE SYRUP

Oh Shelby and I have about the same taste. I am a white wine girl too...and sometimes, will have the pink wine when doing red meats. I totally agree with Pammie, white wine for white meat and pink/red for red meats...very simple to remember.

I drink wine just about every two days or so. Wine has very good benefits and it's my way to have a social drink with the others when I go out. I also am the same with Shelby on the vodka and Ocean Spray's cranberry/pomegranate and most times, I would enjoy a Crystal Lite with vodka, especially either the cherry pomegranate or the raspberry ice flavored. If you haven't noticed, I prefer the sweet white wines...the dry is too dry for me.

I used to drink red wine, but after awhile they got just too heavy for me and this is going to sound stupid, but they make me emotional and weepy!! :(( Ha Ha! I've been drinking white wine for some time now and I love Pinot Grigio (also goes by Pinot Gris...same grape). There are very good Pinot Grigios in all price ranges. If you want to pay on the higher side, Santa Margherita has a nice Pinot. If you just want a lower price , Clos du Bois, Berringer, Turning Leaf, etc. all make a decent Pinot Grigio. I like this varietal because it isn't too sweet and not too dry. I usually have a glass or two before dinner, but I think it is going to sabotage my weight loss, so I am going to have to cut back!! :lb3:

Oh Shelby and I have about the same taste. I am a white wine girl too...and sometimes, will have the pink wine when doing red meats. I totally agree with Pammie, white wine for white meat and pink/red for red meats...very simple to remember.

I drink wine just about every two days or so. Wine has very good benefits and it's my way to have a social drink with the others when I go out. I also am the same with Shelby on the vodka and Ocean Spray's cranberry/pomegranate and most times, I would enjoy a Crystal Lite with vodka, especially either the cherry pomegranate or the raspberry ice flavored. If you haven't noticed, I prefer the sweet white wines...the dry is too dry for me.

Jude one of these days i'm getting out there to SD and we are gonna have some good seafood and some wine! Maybe a vodka and cranberry too! :)

These drinks are great for me as well because when you are out and about you can sip and nobody thinks anything of it. Although I had a guy buy me a shot not too long ago and I looked like such a wuss I had to take it in three small drinks! Oh well! I was tailgating at the Chiefs game this Saturday and drinking wine so I probably looked like one of those prissy girls but little do most folks know I used to be able to drink beer with the best of them. I still really miss beer but have found some nice replacements.