FINALLY..got another fill after 4 1/2 months

I don't post here much anymore, because I have been so discouraged with my progress. I lost really quickly within the first 3 months, but then after my last fill in the beginning of April, I have not lost anything, in fact I found out last night I gained 7 lbs. I have been able to eat just like I did prior to being banded, and I was so upset at myself. I went back and forth about going back to Dr. Ortiz, but I didn't want to spend the money or time waiting for a passport. I also wanted to find someone closer to my house, but was very scared about having a blind fill. So after searching the carecredit website, since I have that card, and didn't have cash for a fill at this time, I found a wonderful doctor in Riverside who actually has a practice here in the city I live in, Rancho Cucamonga. I was ecstatic!!! I went to my appointment last night..the staff was wonderful, and so was the doctor. He talked to me about nutrition, what not to eat, what vitamins to take, he gave me a goal of 8 lbs a month, and wants to see my monthly, even if I don't get a fill. I was really nervous about having the blind fill, but prior to my appointment, the office had me get an upper GI done, and so the doctor was able to see the placement of my port and was able to tell me my band and everything looked good. He stuck the needle in and found the port on the first try. When I had my last fill done in April, I walked out of there with 4.4 cc's. Well when the doctor took the fluid out last night, I had only 3 cc's ( I didn't know you could actually lose fluid...where does it go? lol ) and he also mentioned there was air in there too. So he had me drink water..so glad it wasn't the chalky stuff, and he put the 3 cc's back in, and kept adding fluid, while asking me if the water was going down ok..which it was. I walked out of there with a total of 7 cc's!! I don't know, but to me that seems like so much, and I am really nervous about eating tomorrow. Has anyone with the same band as me (the bigger VG band) ever had that much put in at one time?

Anyway, I am really excited to finally get back to losing weight. I was starting to feel like I was failing the band or it was failing me. But now, I feel motivated again!!

Hi, and welcome back - you've been missed!

I'm so happy for you - I have the VG and haven't had that much put in at one time - but we're all so different that you do have to work with your doc and do what's best for you - not worry what others have done.

I'm excited for you and have complete confidence that it will work for you! Keep the motivation up - we own that ourselves and have to learn to work it - I know it’s hard sometimes, but you need to find it in the little things some times! Just like sometimes when I wake up and remember how in the morning my feet use to hurt when I first walked – it was due to all the weight I put on them – they just got soar! I never get that now!

Find the changes and think about how far you’ve come – you’ve got this amazing tool, you have a great doctor to work with you – you have us! The world is your oyster!!

You deserve the best!

Lisa

Hi I have been wondering where you have been! I know you said you dont post here much but I feel myself when I get frustrated, all I gotta to do is come here and it helps me SO much, kinda reminds me why I did this. I think this fill is just what you needed to get back on your "feet". You got this band to help you and it sounds like you have had no help. This fill should help you so much. Just take it very easy at first, maybe protein drink for breakfast, could NEVER do breakfast for a long time after a fill. Try softer foods first then move on to other. Tuna and chicken is VERY hard for me to do at lunch, much better at dinner!

I am SO glad you posted! Please hold your head high! Trust me you CAN do this~! You just hit a bump, not your on the straight road!

Please stick around with us, maybe we can help you in anyway that we can!

Carrie

That is fantastic!! It's not uncommon at all for some of the fluid to magically disappear on folks i've heard that a lot. And I agree - when i'm down coming in here helps me and keeps me motivated so come in here as much as you can.

I'm sure this fill will get you going again. Great job!

I went back and forth about going back to Dr. Ortiz, but I didn't want to spend the money or time waiting for a passport.

THAT'S GREAT YOU FOUND SOMEONE CLOSER AND YOUR BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN :)

BUT I REALLY WANTED TO SAY, GET YOUR PASSPORT!!! IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND HAD TO RUN BACK OVER ASAP, THEN WHAT WOULD YA DO?

He talked to me about nutrition, what not to eat, what vitamins to take, he gave me a goal of 8 lbs a month, and wants to see my monthly, even if I don't get a fill.

Like everyone previous to this, welcome back. How nice to find a doctor so close by that is really involved with what you are doing.

I do not happen to live anywhere close to a doctor that specializes in the lapband. Would you be willing to share what you have learned from him?

Or maybe pm me.

Anne

I don't post here much anymore, because I have been so discouraged with my progress. I lost really quickly within the first 3 months, but then after my last fill in the beginning of April, I have not lost anything, in fact I found out last night I gained 7 I was failing the band or it was failing me. But now, I feel motivated again!!

It's great to hear from you I would like to know how your doing with 7cc I have the same band as you and I have

5cc. I have been thinking about getting a fill but kind of scared don't want to get to tight

Glad your feeling better about the band and back on with us take care Hope to hear from you soon

It's great to hear from you I would like to know how your doing with 7cc I have the same band as you and I have

5cc. I have been thinking about getting a fill but kind of scared don't want to get to tight

Glad your feeling better about the band and back on with us take care Hope to hear from you soon

I have this size as well. I was told that most people find their sweet spot between 6 and 8 cc's. I on the other hand was one of those indiviuals that was somewhere in the 9's before I found mine.

Thank you everyone!! So I woke up this morning and stepped on my scale for the first time in 4 months, and I lost about 10 lbs..I am so EXCITED!! Monday was my fill day, so Tuesday I was on liquids, and Wed I was on mushies. When it came to eating regular food on Thurs, it was tough. I have discovered I can't eat in the mornings, my band is really tight until about 11, so the doctor told me to have a protein shake, and then by 11 is my lunch time at work, and I have been eating salads, just a small salad and I am full. My band is really tight at night too, so I am going to have to figure out what to eat. The other night I had a taco, and a few bites into it, I could tell it was backing up into my throat, so I waited, and was finally able to get it down, I REALLY could have just ate half of it and been satisfied, because I was really full when I was done. That's the thing I need to learn, when to stop, I always tend to push it because the food is so good...lol. The other night I ate some cheez its around 8 pm, and they were stuck so bad, I was trying to make myself throw up and they still wouldn't come up. For the first time since I have had this band, I was sliming, and it was nasty. It took 2 hours for me to finally feel ok again. Anyways, just wanted to give you all an update, I really appreciate all the support here, you guys are awesome, and from now on, I won't stay away for so long!!