moving port

finally

I think I read a post about someone having their port placed differently. mine really is obvious and I can feel it and an if I wore a two piece bathing suit it would way be there! Not to the point of seeing a PS yet so was wondering. Been thinking of TT and TL if I reach my goal. Seem to be stuck (not eating right slider food central....)

D.

:dash1:

I think I read a post about someone having their port placed differently. mine really is obvious and I can feel it and an if I wore a two piece bathing suit it would way be there! Not to the point of seeing a PS yet so was wondering. Been thinking of TT and TL if I reach my goal. Seem to be stuck (not eating right slider food central....)

D.

As I lost weight, my port became more obvious. It kind of stuck out like a small jaw breaker under my skin and you could see the small lump. When you have your gastric lapband surgery, the surgeon usually places the port between the skin and the pars-flaccida. When I had my Lower Body Lift done in October 2008 at Cosmed, Dr. Quiroz moved my port one layer deeper. Now it's between the pars-flaccida and the abdominal muscles. That's as deep as you can go. You can't see it, but I can still feel it,, but no where like I did before. If you decide to have a LBL or TT, talk to your surgeon, they shouldn't have any problem moving the port during surgery. Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed has done so many TT's and LBL's it almost a standard part of the surgery.

D.

The day I went to Tijuana, there was a gal on the bus with me that had flown in for the day from Florida, to have her port moved. She was really thin and said the port showed when she wore a bikini. She said they were relocating it to her hip area for her and then she was flying back out that evening. Wow...who knew!

The day I went to Tijuana, there was a gal on the bus with me that had flown in for the day from Florida, to have her port moved. She was really thin and said the port showed when she wore a bikini. She said they were relocating it to her hip area for her and then she was flying back out that evening. Wow...who knew!

Was Dr. Ortiz (OCC) moving the port? I know when I reach my goal weight that this port has to go somewhere it REALLY sticks out now and when the last-o-the fat is gone it will look like I have a hernia! I am seriously considering a TL but don't think I will go to Mex for that want to be close to the surgeon. Thinking of getting a consult from Pam and Lisa'a PS. but I am not there yet....

Was Dr. Ortiz (OCC) moving the port? I know when I reach my goal weight that this port has to go somewhere it REALLY sticks out now and when the last-o-the fat is gone it will look like I have a hernia! I am seriously considering a TL but don't think I will go to Mex for that want to be close to the surgeon. Thinking of getting a consult from Pam and Lisa'a PS. but I am not there yet....

Yes, she was on the bus with me to the OCC. It was Dr. Ortiz or one of his staff that did it. Why don't you call them just to find out details of where they move it to and what it entails? Worth a try!

Red

• 2 weeks later...