New NSV

So I had a great new NSV yesterday. We needed to wear T-shirts to work and I was trying to make it look more professional so I wore it with slacks and dress shoes. The NSV of it is that I tucked my shirt in!!! I can't event tell you when the last time was I tucked my shirt in. It was really exciting!

I took pics and i'll post them when I get a chance - probably tomorrow. I'm in a major plateau so I really needed something like this to keep me going.

I cant wait to get where I can tuck my shirts in. Good job!!! Keep it up!!

Congrats Shelby - that's awesome!! Get a picture up for us!

I'm telling you sometimes the weight is just the weirdest thing. I can weigh more at times and my clothes are loser. I know now that since I work out so hard that my body just does odd things, and I do know muscle weighs more than fat – and I’m very muscled out. And since you're doing the same that might be it.

One note - I’d rather weigh more, have a more toned and tighter bod – than weigh less on a darn scale.

Best,

Lisa

what is NSV mean?

NSV stands for Non Scale Victories...these are huge as the scale doesn't mean everything. Gotta appreciate these too!

Congrats Shelby - that's awesome!! Get a picture up for us!

I'm telling you sometimes the weight is just the weirdest thing. I can weigh more at times and my clothes are loser. I know now that since I work out so hard that my body just does odd things, and I do know muscle weighs more than fat – and I’m very muscled out. And since you're doing the same that might be it.

One note - I’d rather weigh more, have a more toned and tighter bod – than weigh less on a darn scale.

Best,

Lisa

Thanks so much everyone! Lisa, lately I am so realizing this! I'm training for this 5k and the last few months the scale hasn't moved. But I had some students that hadn't seen me since May and when they saw me last week were telling me how great I looked so the inches must be coming off. And I am sooo OK with that! Weight is a good indicator, but not the end all be all. The only regret I have with all this is that I did not measure. All of you that are early in your process the best advice I can give you is to measure! I haven't lost in months but I have lost inches.

I'll make sure and post the pics tomorrow!!

So I had a great new NSV yesterday. We needed to wear T-shirts to work and I was trying to make it look more professional so I wore it with slacks and dress shoes. The NSV of it is that I tucked my shirt in!!! I can't event tell you when the last time was I tucked my shirt in. It was really exciting!

I took pics and i'll post them when I get a chance - probably tomorrow. I'm in a major plateau so I really needed something like this to keep me going.

Be proud, Shelby! WTG! I remember the days of being size 8 and tucked everything in. What a great filling that was. In fact, I came across a picture of myself in my drawer yesterday. It was from 9 or 10 years ago and I was 130. It amazed me because I remember at the time I felt fat, but in the picture I was really thin. Your news goes to show you, don't be a slave to the scale, go by how your clothes fit. And that is exactly what Dr. Sol (sp?) told me yesterday at the OCC when I was getting my first fill. Shelby, YOU are an inspiration to us all on this forum!

Red

Thanks so much everyone! I apologize today was so nuts at work I didn't get to post the pics, but i'll do my best to put them up tomorrow. It's the first week of school and i'm an administrator so life is nuts for me right now.

Thanks!!!!!!!

:lb21: Shelby,

I understand about the scale. It doesn't always make sense when all your clothes are falling off you.

I have been in a plateau on the scale for only a couple of weeks but my clothes are looser...

I look forward to tucking in my clothes too.. :D

I can't wait to see the pics.

Everyoneis right, you are a real inspiration to all and definitely to me.

Hugs,

Kristi

OK I finally got a chance to post! I can only download pics at work so it took a bit.

I look like death warmed over i've been working sooo many hours so ignore the bags and dark circles! :)

Shelby8_25B.jpg

Have a great day!!!

OK I finally got a chance to post! I can only download pics at work so it took a bit.

I look like death warmed over i've been working sooo many hours so ignore the bags and dark circles! :)

Shelby8_25B.jpg

Have a great day!!!

Looking great Shelby!! I cant wait till I'm able to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shelby8_25B.jpg

Have a great day!!!

Shelby,

You look great thanks for posting the pictures :-h :-h :-h :-h ><' ><' ><'