Today's Oprah

Did any of you see today's Oprah? Was quite interesting they had a lady on that had brain surgery to get rid of her cravings and to help with weight loss. Not sure it's working as she's only lost 11 lbs in 3 months, but I was fascinated with it. Not sure I could have brain surgery, but I guess some folks think we are drastic for getting the band.

Anyhoo, just wondering if any of you saw it and what you thought.

OMG is right!!! The things that people will do. There is no way somebody is touching my brain. I can't believe someone could do that. Are they crazy? I dont think the band is that extreme, at least it can be taken out. You mess with someones head and that is it! TOAST! What did Oprah think about this? I feel bad that people feel like they need to go to that extreme. There are so many other things to try first. That is why I tried this. People need to really be careful. I am glad I didnt see that, I would be calling in or something - YUCK!!

I did see that episode as 18 months ago I survived a bout with MRSA infection and am so grateful I came out of it almost unscathed!

I don't think I could do the brain surgery for the hunger as she had to be awake - freaked me out just watching it! But you are right Shelby, there are people I am sure that think the band is a drastic decision! Interesting concept though.

Not sure how many of you watch Grey's Anatomy...but it reminded me of all the brain testing procedures that Meredith and Dr. McDreamy were doing. I dunno just seems drastic to me and the lady on there hadn't really lost much. The brain is such a complex thing i'm not sure I could have someone touching it! To me the band doesn't even compare, but you know some think it is drastic. If you wait a few days it usually is up on Oprah.com to watch. Was just interesting to watch.