Just a Lap Band Oldie checkin in!

Hey! I haven't been on here in ages! Looks like a completely different group! Just wanted to check in and say, I'm almost 3 years out, and all is well with the band! I feel GREAT!! Still have a little bit of weight to lose, but I'm getting there! STILL LOVE MY BAND!

Hope you all are well!

Donna

Hey! I haven't been on here in ages! Looks like a completely different group! Just wanted to check in and say, I'm almost 3 years out, and all is well with the band! I feel GREAT!! Still have a little bit of weight to lose, but I'm getting there! STILL LOVE MY BAND!

Hope you all are well!

Donna

Hi Donna! Glad you popped your head in to say hello! Congrats on your wight loss and three years living with the band! I couldn't help notice you are a Heartland Gal too! Iowa City. I am a Omaha gal myself. If you ever make it to the Big O, give me a holler!

I too noticed you do your own fills. I think that is great! Not to mention affordable!

Hope you check in more often!

Welcome back! I weigh around the same as you and I have a feeling this is where my body wants to "settle in" but I could be wrong. Did you lose most of your weight in the first year and then it halted or have you been losing over the whole three years? Just curious.

Sabrina:)

Hope you all are well!

Donna

GREAT TO SEE YOU DONNA!!! :)

Welcome back! I weigh around the same as you and I have a feeling this is where my body wants to "settle in" but I could be wrong. Did you lose most of your weight in the first year and then it halted or have you been losing over the whole three years? Just curious.

Sabrina:)

Hi Sabrina!

It has been a LONG journey for me. I lost about 30 pounds the first 6 months maybe. Then I STOPPED. I mean REALLY stopped!! I was SO frustrated. My fill doctor was putting like one tiny drop at a time in my band. I had NO RESTRICTION. Finally, my cousin who is an RN (and also has a band) gave me a fill. She showed me how to do it, since we live 600 miles away from each other. I FINALLY knew what restriction was all about! I started losing again, just last summer. Now, when I feel like my restriction is gone, I give myself another fill, and I'm off to the races again! LOL

But, to answer your question Sabrina....if you STILL have restriction, your body could be just adjusting to a new set point. I hit LOT'S of plateaus. If that is not the case, consider getting another fill to get going, or increase the exercise to see if that helps! I feel like I'm losing faster now, than at the beginning. But, again, that's because my fill Dr, wasn't aggressive enough! :-)

Donna

Hi Donna! Glad you popped your head in to say hello! Congrats on your wight loss and three years living with the band! I couldn't help notice you are a Heartland Gal too! Iowa City. I am a Omaha gal myself. If you ever make it to the Big O, give me a holler!

I too noticed you do your own fills. I think that is great! Not to mention affordable!

Hope you check in more often!

I moved to Iowa from Tennessee 3 years ago! I'm dying to go to the zoo in Omaha!! Maybe we can meet up sometime! :-)

Donna

Hi Donna,

Thanks for posting; as I near my surgery date 9/25 I am starting to freak out a bit and it's nice to hear that you still love your band three years out. And did I read that you do your own fills???? Explain! :)

Margaret

Hi Margaret! Congrats on the surgery date!!! You won't regret it!! It has changed my life! Yes, I do my own fills, but please let me stress....I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT ON YOUR OWN. The reason I started doing mine was because I had a relative (RN) that trained me. I had lost a LOT of weight before I began doing my fills, so my port is fairly easy to find. You can REALLY mess things up, if you are not careful. Always best to seek an experienced lap band surgeon for fills. Not to mention, it's pretty scary getting the nerve up to stick that needle in your tummy! :-) Good Luck!

Donna