The Biggest Loser

I dont know if this should be in off topic but was curious if anyone was watching the show. It is what motivated me to get the surgery and make a change.

I WATCHED LAST SEASON AND I THOUGHT IT WAS OK AND I DID WATCH LAST NIGHT. AFTER "MEETING" THE CONTESTANTS, NOT SURE IF I'LL STICK WITH IT OR NOT THIS TIME. WE'LL SEE

I haven't been around in a while so I am new to most of you. :)

I too love the biggest loser. I was so upset last night because I missed the first episode for this season. I am hoping they replay it at some point. I thought the season started next week.

I am doing well with my weight loss. I have great restriction and am plugging right along, right now. I had several months, this summer without any restriction which was tough. I didn't lose anything but I also didn't gain during that period. For the first time in my life, I feel like I may actually meet my goal.

Take care!

I am sooo mad my DVR didn't tape it for some reason tonight!!!! I am obsessed with the show and never miss it. I saw the season premiere and as usual cried through the whole thing! The girl on the orange team that is with the guy who was on the show last year - sorry still getting names down - but she made me cry the most!

This show always motivates me and I love to watch it! Can't wait to see how it goes!

I watched it last night for the first time, and really liked it until the end where they had to vote someone out! I was upset, because these people show the world their personal baggage, make a huge commitment, and are seen half naked in front of millions. . . Then only to be voted out! yuck..I was very sad for the person voted out, even tho she seem to carry on with her commitment. I just thought after all the emotional & physical endeavors, they should have been able to stay longer.

That was just my first impression. Like I said, Last night was the first time I have ever seen it.

I was watching the show from my DVR and I was bawling... only thing near me was a washcloth that was rough as heck.... My eyes were red everywhere from using it! I'll be glued this year as well.... I love the motivation.

How about the girl that got voted off... She has lost 60 lbs??? only after being there for 1 week. So cool

Laura

The show is pre-taped and she has actually lost 70 pounds since being on the show- plus, she GAINED a boyfriend. She's now dating the young guy on the black t-shirt team!

Sabrina:)

Sabrina... I hope you didnt think I thought she lost the 70 pounds in 1 week...... :huh:

Its all good though... ps. do you have the recipe for the low fat tomato soup? sounds yummy

Laura

I figured that's what you meant! And I make my soup different every time depending on veggies I have on hand.... I don't know if it's the exact same as the Weight Watchers Veggie soup recipe that used to come in the points book, but that's where it came from originally and since I lost the recipe, I just do this....

-sautee 1 cup chopped onions, carrots, and celery in Pam cooking spray

-add one can tomato paste and six cups of water mixed with low fat chicken, beef or tomato stock , then bring to boil

-add any veggies you have (I like green beans, corn, and cubed sweet potato or turnip) then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes

My sister is a wonderful cook and adds all kinds of herbs to hers but I just do salt, pepper, and oregano and it's simple but very good!

I figured that's what you meant! And I make my soup different every time depending on veggies I have on hand.... I don't know if it's the exact same as the Weight Watchers Veggie soup recipe that used to come in the points book, but that's where it came from originally and since I lost the recipe, I just do this....

-sautee 1 cup chopped onions, carrots, and celery in Pam cooking spray

-add one can tomato paste and six cups of water mixed with low fat chicken, beef or tomato stock , then bring to boil

-add any veggies you have (I like green beans, corn, and cubed sweet potato or turnip) then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes

My sister is a wonderful cook and adds all kinds of herbs to hers but I just do salt, pepper, and oregano and it's simple but very good!

Thanks Sabrina... I remember that WW recipe but it always looked blah to me... when you mentioned the same veggies I like... it looked like the best tasting soup ever...I need to make it now.

Ok, so I was up really last last night and flipping channels... Guess what? They replayed biggest loser on The Fine Living network. It came on at 12:00 a.m. EST. I was so happy although staying up until 2 was brutal. I cried a lot during the show and Abby's story really touched me. She says some profound things, that one.

Anyway - I was so glad I got to see the first episode and am now all caught up for this week. Can't wait!

Okay...I need my box of tissues when this show is on. Shay....had me in tears... * I think that is her name* She is on the orange team with Danny.

I'm so inspired by this show... I was only able to watch the last hour though... the Angel game was on and the tivo would only tape 2 shows at a time. So mine had to be cut down to the last hour since I was not there to defend myself on why my show was the most important :D .... Its all good .

laura

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE this show and cry every week! The only one that I am not too fond of is Tracy, however I guess she is just playing the game. I could not live with myself... It is really hard for me to watch every week bacause I hope they all do good and I dont want to see any of them leave....

Carrie

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I use the commercial breaks to get in some cardio in. Unfortunately, it's the ONLY show I do use the commercial breaks to do cardio!! :huh:

This season is a little bittersweet for me. Of course I can't believe that Tracy is still around, but what's weird is that she looks very similar to my sister-in-law!!! So, I always get so frustrated when she makes these decisions about the game and I want to dislike her, but feel guilty because she looks so much like family!! EEK!

It's very motivating to see how everyone is changing physically. I especially love the end of the show when they show how the player voted off is doing now. :)

Couldn't you relate to watching them watch others eat in the restaurants? It is SO hard which is why I stay out of restaurants. My biggest suggestion to those struggling with weight loss is try to avoid going to restaurants. I hardly ever eat out anymore and it used to be my main form of entertainment. Getting together with friends? Why not go to a movie or theatre or concert or bowling or the beach or a hike? The more I stay away from restaurant food, the more I lose. That's one thing that has been consistent through this whole process. Even if you think you are ordering healthy, you can't trust what is in it unless you cook it yourself.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I use the commercial breaks to get in some cardio in. Unfortunately, it's the ONLY show I do use the commercial breaks to do cardio!! :huh:

This season is a little bittersweet for me. Of course I can't believe that Tracy is still around, but what's weird is that she looks very similar to my sister-in-law!!! So, I always get so frustrated when she makes these decisions about the game and I want to dislike her, but feel guilty because she looks so much like family!! EEK!

It's very motivating to see how everyone is changing physically. I especially love the end of the show when they show how the player voted off is doing now. :)

Couldn't you relate to watching them watch others eat in the restaurants? It is SO hard which is why I stay out of restaurants. My biggest suggestion to those struggling with weight loss is try to avoid going to restaurants. I hardly ever eat out anymore and it used to be my main form of entertainment. Getting together with friends? Why not go to a movie or theatre or concert or bowling or the beach or a hike? The more I stay away from restaurant food, the more I lose. That's one thing that has been consistent through this whole process. Even if you think you are ordering healthy, you can't trust what is in it unless you cook it yourself.

I know, right?!?! HUGE temptations!! I did feel bad for Dina's husband though. She seemed to be pretty hard on him about eating the burrito & even mentioned that she was disgusted?? Just six weeks earlier she was eating the same thing!! I did like the realization that Shay made...saying how she was setting a bad example because she used to order all that bad food, so that's all her step-kids know.

Restaurants....BOOOOO!!!! Our ONLY form of entertainment seems to be restaurants! We try going to a movie....but then have to eat dinner before/afterward. Bowling...we need to order from the snack bar. I am cooking at home a lot more...like Danny said on the show... it's the only way to control what's going in your mouth. And he lost 12 lbs!! WOW!! This "re-training" is no fun, but I know it's all for the best...not only for myself, but my family too!