Confession

I have never really stopped drinking with meals. Granted it's only like half of a glass of whatever...tea, water, soda (I know....bad) That's probably why my weight loss hasn't been rapid. I only take small sips....or it come back up. But anyway, I feel better now that I confessed....lol. Anyone else still drink with meals?

Hi Cindy,

I dont drink with my meals. That is one thing that Dr. Miranda stressed to me was a big NO NO for us. I will wait at least 45 mins to drink. Honestly is has not been as bad as I first thought it was going to be. We all have to overcome things and do things differently than other people when it comes to band life and sometimes it is hard. Im sure with this off of your chest you do feel better and maybe can get the motivation to change this habit. Its not too late to make this a goal and make it a change. You said yourself that this is one thing that is slowing your weight loss, so make that a goal. My big thing is Ice Cream and I am trying really hard to stay away from it and I too know as well that is is not good for my weight loss. You can only acknowledge it and try your best to do better and you have done that, acknowledge it and owned it. Sometimes that is the hardest part!!!!!!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

I don't drink with my meals either. I did it once by mistake and it felt terrible. I've found that drinking after or before is not nearly as hard as I once thought. It is simply retraining yourself to change a behavior.

My stuck spot lately is carb cycling. I am working on that as my slippery slope. Each of us has a hang up. We all have our work to do.

Are you wanting to change this hang up?

While we are confessing, I need to come clean about my "closet smoking". I've been sneaking a few smokes on the way to/from work every weekend for about two years and it has to stop- especially now that I'm exercising again. Years ago (before kids) I smoked a pack a day but now a pack lasts me a month. Still, even one is too many. I know this. I kept telling myself I would cut it out completely once I was at my goal weight but I'm going to have to stop before then because my mom is taking me and my sisters to Hawaii October 5th and she would kill me if she thought I was smoking again! So, I'm declaring Sunday, October 4th my smoke-free fresh-start. It scares me to not have ANY vices left (no more anti-depressents, no drinking, no smoking, no junk food) but I know you're all here for support!

Sabrina:)

While we are confessing, I need to come clean about my "closet smoking". I've been sneaking a few smokes on the way to/from work every weekend for about two years and it has to stop- especially now that I'm exercising again. Years ago (before kids) I smoked a pack a day but now a pack lasts me a month. Still, even one is too many. I know this. I kept telling myself I would cut it out completely once I was at my goal weight but I'm going to have to stop before then because my mom is taking me and my sisters to Hawaii October 5th and she would kill me if she thought I was smoking again! So, I'm declaring Sunday, October 4th my smoke-free fresh-start. It scares me to not have ANY vices left (no more anti-depressents, no drinking, no smoking, no junk food) but I know you're all here for support!

Sabrina:)

Sabrina,

thanks for the support!! And I know you can do it with the cigs!! and congrats on Hawaii...I'm jealous!!!!!

Hi Cindy,

I dont drink with my meals. That is one thing that Dr. Miranda stressed to me was a big NO NO for us. I will wait at least 45 mins to drink. Honestly is has not been as bad as I first thought it was going to be. We all have to overcome things and do things differently than other people when it comes to band life and sometimes it is hard. Im sure with this off of your chest you do feel better and maybe can get the motivation to change this habit. Its not too late to make this a goal and make it a change. You said yourself that this is one thing that is slowing your weight loss, so make that a goal. My big thing is Ice Cream and I am trying really hard to stay away from it and I too know as well that is is not good for my weight loss. You can only acknowledge it and try your best to do better and you have done that, acknowledge it and owned it. Sometimes that is the hardest part!!!!!!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

Mine is ice cream also. LOVE IT!

dawn

OK So No I don't drink with my meal, I drink right before and then I'm able to wait it out. However I have yous all beat & mine is soooo bad I mean I fell back into a mental strong hold being so fed up with feeling like I'm not band @ ALL And I mean yeah I’m eating less BUT way too much for being band.. I'm not worried about stretching my band... Cause I am able to stop eating before that full feeling... But I pick & pick & pick cause I never have a feel feeling.

But Oh Goodness I’m HAVING A HARD TIME SAYING IT BUT I went back to my diet pill doctor and I'm back on Dp's I'm not taking a very high dosage hence I’m immune to them pretty much but I'm back to taking them... They do stop me from picking in the day time But night times a killer.. I've lost 5 pounds since I went back on them... I’m now 177 I started this journey @ 196.5

Ok I’ll go to my corner now for being bad

Not drinking while eating has been one of the most difficult things for me. I've only done it with 4 or 5 meals. Now that I've been filled, I'm going to try to be more diligent. It's the opposite of what we've been trainine for so long so it seems backwards. Plus, I feel like I NEED to have a liquid with my meals.

I continued drinking with my meals after I first got my band. I thought it would not make any difference since I did not even have a fill in my band yet! Well, when I went for my first fill 6 weeks later at OCC, sure enough, the doctor asked me if I had been drinking with my meal because my pounch was "a little bit stretched." And...that was without any fill in my band at all. I completely stopped the drinking while eating behavior at that point and the next time I had my pouch checked under flouro, it had gone back to normal. Obviously, that is just my story but, a stretched out pouch can require surgery to repair so there are definitely possible consequences for filling your pouch full of liquid when there is food in your pouch blocking the ability of the liquid to drain. If it does not come back up, then it sits and expands your pouch like a baloon until the food passes and the liquid can drain.

Like everything else involved in managing a lapband, it is always up to the individual. Drinking while eating is a learned behavior. You can learn a new behavior to take the place of the old behavior if you want to.

I drink with my meals also, not because I am thirsty but sometimes I get full off 1 or 2 bites and I try to push it down because I know I haven't eaten enough. Some would say my band is too tight and the only reason I haven't gotten some of my fill taken out is because at other times, I can eat a whole meal with no problems. I have been at the same weight for 3 months now and haven't lost anyhting since my last fill which was a big one. I dont know what to do, if I take some fill out, I will eat alot more often, but if I dont I should expect to slime at most meals.

I would say I slime at least once a day, granted I do need to get better at chewing... I just feel like even thought I know I am doing everything wrong, I dont know what else to do... I feel like I am not losing weight because I dont get enough food in. So I drink to push the food down. I should call Dr. Miranda