I have never PB'd or Slimed?

lea32

I have been banded for 3 months now and have lost 15lbs. since June which has been a slowwww progress. I have been lagging on my second fill as my first fill was at the end of July, 6 weeks after the surgery. I don't have a lot of restriction so I've just stuck to the lapband diet until my next fill this saturday. I was just concerned because I have never PB'd or Slimed (not that I want to of course!) but I know that these two things are typically sign of "good" restriction. I swear, sometimes, I don't even feel like I've had the surgery!

I did not PB or slime until about 8 months after my surgery, but when it happened it happened. :blink: I still don't do it that often either and when I do it is because I wasn't paying attention to my chewing or bite size, not the kind of food I am eating.

At one point I was thinking scrambled eggs were my enemy, but after eating them without a problem this week I am wondering if it was because I cooked them in the microwave instead of on the stove. The microwave makes them drier and more rubbery.

I too did not Pb or slime for a long time. It was after my second fill that i did that was 5 months in. It was also because I got careless and took to big a bit and didnt chew. I felt like you and wondered if I really had a band because I could eat anything. Now I am tighter (not tight) i can still eat pretty good but at least Im sure they really put in the band :)

I have been banded for 3 months now and have lost 15lbs. since June which has been a slowwww progress. I have been lagging on my second fill as my first fill was at the end of July, 6 weeks after the surgery. I don't have a lot of restriction so I've just stuck to the lapband diet until my next fill this saturday. I was just concerned because I have never PB'd or Slimed (not that I want to of course!) but I know that these two things are typically sign of "good" restriction. I swear, sometimes, I don't even feel like I've had the surgery!

Hi Lea32!!

Mines too was a slowwww process; I was banded on 7/1/08. I started out at 208lbs and now I'm down to 139lbs!! It took me about 4 fills until I could feel the restriction and begin to loose serious weight. I think it's different for everyone but be patient and continue to get your fills--I promise when you get to your sweet spot the weight will just melt off. Begin an exercise routine this builds muscle and can possibly speed up your weight loss.

Not sure what PB'd or Slimed is so if you get a chance please explain--

remember be patient :D

Hi Lea32!!

Mines too was a slowwww process; I was banded on 7/1/08. I started out at 208lbs and now I'm down to 139lbs!! It took me about 4 fills until I could feel the restriction and begin to loose serious weight. I think it's different for everyone but be patient and continue to get your fills--I promise when you get to your sweet spot the weight will just melt off. Begin an exercise routine this builds muscle and can possibly speed up your weight loss.

Not sure what PB'd or Slimed is so if you get a chance please explain--

remember be patient :D

Hi Lady V!!!

Your so cute! Thank you so much for your encouragement and you know, when you've been fatty-boom-batty and you find something that works, it's like you get so impatient! I'm surprised that you don't know what PB'd or slimed is!? It's basically when your food comes back up from eating too fast, too much....I'm sure those veterans who have experienced this know more about it than I do! Yay that you've lost that much weight. I can't freakin weight for it to happen to me! My second fill this saturday, I hope will help me a little :D

I hear you Lea. I fill like I'm losing so slowly too, but I posted earlier that I have lost only 12 pounds in the 2 months since surgery. BUT, I've gone down a size, from a 16 to a 14, and can actually wear one of my size 12 outfits that I could only wear 6 years ago. I think for us lower BMI people, it isn't as fast a loss as we would like, but Dr. So says it will be long term. So that works for me. I look at it as 12 pounds lost, not gained. I don't have a lot of restriction yet (I will have my second fill early October) so I haven't PBd or slimed yet either. I really think we are on track Lea, so hang in there, and I will too!!

Red

I hear you Lea. I fill like I'm losing so slowly too, but I posted earlier that I have lost only 12 pounds in the 2 months since surgery. BUT, I've gone down a size, from a 16 to a 14, and can actually wear one of my size 12 outfits that I could only wear 6 years ago. I think for us lower BMI people, it isn't as fast a loss as we would like, but Dr. So says it will be long term. So that works for me. I look at it as 12 pounds lost, not gained. I don't have a lot of restriction yet (I will have my second fill early October) so I haven't PBd or slimed yet either. I really think we are on track Lea, so hang in there, and I will too!!

Red

I think you're right Red, about our low BMI's. I definitely know what you're talking about. I had gone up to a size 13 in juniors this past year but I am now back down to a size 11 and some shorts/pants even fit me a little loosely so I'm super ecstatic about that ! I soooo agree with looking at our weight loss as a positive that we haven't gained weight, but lost the "little" we have because those 15lbs that I lost in 3 months time are the same lbs. I had gained over the past year and a half..ugggggghhhh. It's a plan! WE'LL HANG IN THERE TOGETHER!!! :lol:

I had my surgery in January and I am only down 24 lbs or so. I had my second fill in April and went form 2.2 to 3.6 out of 4cc's. I know my band is too tight because I slim ALL the time. I am going in this Saturday to have some taken out, I dont know if I am not losing because I dont eat enough, or what but I am ready to start losing more!!! Hopefully my sweet spot will be found on Saturday!

Oh... and since I am an expert slimer, sometimes if you eat too big of a bite or get something stuck, I think your stomach tries to create saliva to help it down or something because all I have to do it sort of tichten my stomach and its like a large amount of saliva comes out. Its like watching a kid spit to the ground and spitting it back up and it is all intact. It is thicker than regular spit. I have come to enjoy it because it usually works if I have something stuck, it is more frustrating when you feel like there is nothing you can do. hopefully after Saturday I wont do it anymore. I am glad I revisited the board, I figured everyone was doing it as often as I.

I had my surgery in January and I am only down 24 lbs or so. I had my second fill in April and went form 2.2 to 3.6 out of 4cc's. I know my band is too tight because I slim ALL the time. I am going in this Saturday to have some taken out, I dont know if I am not losing because I dont eat enough, or what but I am ready to start losing more!!! Hopefully my sweet spot will be found on Saturday!

Oh... and since I am an expert slimer, sometimes if you eat too big of a bite or get something stuck, I think your stomach tries to create saliva to help it down or something because all I have to do it sort of tichten my stomach and its like a large amount of saliva comes out. Its like watching a kid spit to the ground and spitting it back up and it is all intact. It is thicker than regular spit. I have come to enjoy it because it usually works if I have something stuck, it is more frustrating when you feel like there is nothing you can do. hopefully after Saturday I wont do it anymore. I am glad I revisited the board, I figured everyone was doing it as often as I.

HEY JENN!

are you going back to the OCC for your unfill this saturday the 26th. If so, my appt.'s at 10:30am so maybe I'll see you there? I actually live only 20 minutes from you too!

BE THANKFUL!! IT'S NOT A GOOD THING!

Keep up the good work sticking to the food plan & be patient.