work

I was wondering how long after people were banded did they return to work?????. I am a nurse and will be getting banded on Oct 13th

I remember I walked 5 miles the day after surgery,, but if you have to do any heavy lifting, I'd be careful for a couple weeks or more. If you don't have to lift stuff and have an office job,, you shouldn't have any problems. My advice would be to consult your doctor and tell him what your job duties are,, see what he says.

I was banded on a Friday and returned on Monday. I brought a liquid tylenol and had to use it several times. I found it hard to get up and down from my desk all day and begged people not to make me laugh, but other than that, it was fine. If your job has you on your feet all day, I do not recommend it.

I was wondering how long after people were banded did they return to work?????. I am a nurse and will be getting banded on Oct 13th

What kind of nursing do you do? I am a nurse and I work in public health so I was back to work by the end of the week and did just fine. However, I would have taken more time off if I was still in hospital nursing.

Good luck!

dawn

I am a nurse but I am a Director, so not at the bedside. If you are doing 12 hrs at the bedside, I would say a week at the MINIMUM!! I was fine for 8 hrs in my office and meetings after 4 days, but I really could have taken a week off. I had really bad gas and could not have made it at work.

Physically I was fine after three days, but emotionally I was a bit of a wreck for about two weeks after surgery. Coming off of solid food was VERY hard for me, like an addict in detox so I wasn't really "in the mood" for work (very weapy) and wished I had more time.

Sabrina:)

Physically I was fine after three days, but emotionally I was a bit of a wreck for about two weeks after surgery. Coming off of solid food was VERY hard for me, like an addict in detox so I wasn't really "in the mood" for work (very weapy) and wished I had more time.

Sabrina:)

Yes, the band will make you think about what your eating and why your eating. I really don't remember the liquid and mushy weeks right after surgery, It goes by so quickly. I can say that there is a learning curve those first couple months of what you can eat and not eat. Emotionally it can be tough,, as time goes by, the band is doing it's job and the weight comes off, you'll be HAPPY and love your band.

What kind of nursing do you do? I am a nurse and I work in public health so I was back to work by the end of the week and did just fine. However, I would have taken more time off if I was still in hospital nursing.

Good luck!

dawn

thanks for the info. I do 12 hr hospital nursing. So I guess I will have to take some time off.