be honest...is this just wishful thinking?

okay, so i'm getting banded on November 5th (wed). My husband and i are going to try to make a little mini vacation out of this so - be brutally honest...how likely is it that i'll actually be able to go out and do stuff on friday night? or even thursday night? not partying or anything, just out and about...or is it not safe anyway?

i'm flying in tuesday night, preop and surgery on wed and then we're leaving on saturday...

maybe i'm just dreaming!! :P

okay, so i'm getting banded on November 5th (wed). My husband and i are going to try to make a little mini vacation out of this so - be brutally honest...how likely is it that i'll actually be able to go out and do stuff on friday night? or even thursday night? not partying or anything, just out and about...or is it not safe anyway?

i'm flying in tuesday night, preop and surgery on wed and then we're leaving on saturday...

maybe i'm just dreaming!! :P

The day after I had surgery a group of newly banded peeps and there spouses went down town, shopped, ate, well some of them ate. All had a good time and none of us felt badly.

It was during the day, we did not enjoy the night life.

Truly depends on the person. My mom and I went shopping the next day and took a bus tour, but I was miserable the whole time. I had more pain than others and it took me longer to heal. So it is really a crap shoot - I say take it easy and drink lots of liquids and when you are tired or have had enough then head back to the hotel.

Unless you're into drinking and college age, the night life in TJ is not good. You may want to head out of Mexico when you are able and stay in San Diego downtown by the lamp district. You can easily take a trolley from the border. There are many people on this board who live in San Diego and probably have some great ideas for a great place to stay for a night or two before you head back home.

We kinda just relax the day before surgery at the hotel. We did go to a Mexican food resturant for dinner around 5 that afternoon. I was neverous as well about going out in TJ at night, so we went back to the hotel and sat by the pool. The day after surgery we did go shopping for a bit, but I too was sore and ready to get back and just relax..

Good Luck to you on your surgery!

Carrie

thanks for all of the responses! i can already tell that i love this forum!! i can't wait to have the surgery and not be a 'newbie'!! :lol:

we have some friends in san diego so maybe they can come pick us up and take us out there! i hope i feel okay - i'm a talker so i'll definitely be back on to share my story!!

woo hoo!!!

we're not college aged so we won't be partying it up in tijuana...even though my mom did ask about the donkey show! :rolleyes:

watch - i'll come back with a band and a tattoo!!

The only thing other than what everyone else said, is that I would be prepared with some gas ex or milk of magnesia in case you have gas pains post-op. I was one of the lucky ones with severe shoulder pain after surgery, I could walk, jog and was back at work 2 days later and could do anything, but it was my shoulder that was the problem. I think only 2 out of 8 in my group got it, but better to be prepared than not.

Good luck! Welcome to Band Land!