did i get my hopes up?

I have been planning on having this surgery since may of '09. I have only one appointment left and should be scheduling surgery soon. However i recieved word today that my insurance is requiring 2 full years of previous doctors visits. well i recently just got insurance for the 1st time in about 5 years so i have no medical history. my insurance company is messing around and are now asking me to submit a letter stating why i have no medical history for the past 2 years and pictures PROVING im obese. has this happened to anyone else? my hopes were so high, and now i feel as though they will not let me have this surgery i need to desperatly start and live my life. please share any stories that could give me hope.

thanks everyone.

Take the pictures and send them in - it is definitely worth a shot. In regards to the last 2 years of medical history, have you not been to any kind of a doctor in the past 2 years? If you have, regardless of whether you had insurance or not, you should be able to go to their office and request your medical records.

Take the pictures and send them in - it is definitely worth a shot. In regards to the last 2 years of medical history, have you not been to any kind of a doctor in the past 2 years? If you have, regardless of whether you had insurance or not, you should be able to go to their office and request your medical records.

unfortunately i have not been to any doctor in the previous 2 years. i did not have health insurance until this year :(

I was rejected for a year and a half with all my records and jumped through all the hoops. They still rejected me. Turned all my records over to Bariatric Law in CA. Three weeks later I was banded. Don't give up I'm glad I didnt. Insurance will look for any reason to reject claims. I dont trust any insurance company.