having trouble

so im excited! i talked to my family and they support my decision! i could not be happier! but now im having a tough time getting financed! i got denied with mysurgeryloan.com WITH a co-signer. turns out there is some stuff that ruined it. and im gonna get it fixed but i just wanted to know... any good finance companies you guys may recommend? any advice? thanx guys! i also have a credit card i may be elegible for but sounds risky. any tips?

I'm so glad your family has been supportive!! That really makes a HUGE difference!!

You know, depending on the APR on your card that might be your best bet. I was approved by a company, but they were going to charge me I believe it was 17% interest! OCC told me about three companies to check out and I looked into all of them but they were all a really hight interest rate.

Good luck!

I took a loan out from my credit union as well. The interest was decent, I think 7%. My payments are reasonable, 150 a month.

Get your past dirt cleaned up to improve your credit score before you try to get another loan. This will help you, plus each time you apply for credit it takes your score down a bit more. I'd get all my ducks in a row and go talk to a lender.

Good luck and let us know how it's going!

Hi,

I am recently familiar with what you are going through with the financing. I tried the mysurgeryloan & the other one that the OCC recommends and applied with both on or around 10/6ish. My surgery date is 11/13/09 so I had to work fast! Long story short they turned me down flat w/o a cosigner.

In retrospect I am glad they did b/c it forced me to evaluate my own finances and realize that I did have the money but I had to think outside of the box. I had 1/3 of it in my saving account, 1/3 in the form of a savings bond collecting dust in the desk and I took out the last 1/3 from a loan in my 401K.

I do have a credit union that I have been a member of for the last 16 years (cheers to those who mentioned it =D> ) and I wish I would have thought to ask them since I have direct deposit.

I have credit cards but I am so happy I was able to avoid them since my interest rate (but then again ANY interest rate) sucks on them.

I have paid all of the procedure costs to date and my procedure is 11/13, so it can be done if you are on top of things. I was willing to move back my procedure date if I had to though in order to get my duckies lined up in a row.