I am so offended!

So this girls comes up to me at work and says, "wow...your pupils are so dilated and you've lost so much weight, what are you on?" OMG. First of all, my eyes are normal, I had just come in from the sun and have very blue eyes. Second of all...well, I can't even find words right now. UGGGHH..

So then just a few minutes later I run into another person, who says, "so what diet are you on? Are you having to take anything to lose weight?"

So I am guessing these two people, who work in the same dept, must have been talking about me earlier and then both decided to be sly and say something to try and figure out what I'm "ON" to lose weight.

Funny thing is that it is no secret that I had lapband surgery...although it's really none of their business and I haven't worked directly with them in the past, so they probably wouldn't know.

So basically they just accused me of "being on something" at work.

Really??? Who says crap like that to people???

TACKY. Push the "ignore" button and move on.

You are very right!! But easier said than done. I have a brother with an addiction who has gone to work "on something" recently and got fired and went into rehab. So I guess it hit a tender spot with me evenmore. Oh, well, I am calling it a week and going HOME to my DH!

You are very right!! But easier said than done. I have a brother with an addiction who has gone to work "on something" recently and got fired and went into rehab. So I guess it hit a tender spot with me evenmore. Oh, well, I am calling it a week and going HOME to my DH!

All I can say is you are giving people something to talk about! LOL Doing so good and looking hot! Everyone should be talking aobut your success! Hee hee hee. I am suprised at the 1st gals response to you. VERY TACKY! The other gal, she sounded curious to me.

Sorry they hit a soft spot Cindy. Keep them biooches talking girl! Who knows they may be jealous.....

Oh, I love a good rant.

RE: "so what diet are you on?"

SOMETHING YOUR NOT? LOL

OK THAT WAS MEAN BUT.... :)

I don't ever mind if anyone ask what kind of diet am I on, but not what kind of drugs am I on? And the first girl didn't mean prescription drugs. ...she said, "what are you on?"

I am always very honest about the fact that I've had surgery any time anyone asks.....

Oh, well, I won't sweat it.

:lb14: Cindy,

I have been asked what I have been doing to lose the weight, but come on, that girl sounds pretty tacky.

I agree with Angie, you keep looking hotter and hotter and they are jealous...

Have a great weekend,

Hugs,

Kristi

wow..

you are a beautiful woman, they can go screw themselves..but in the meantime, either tell them "You have too much time on your hands, you might want to get a life"

OR

"gosh...I just believe in good old fashioned eating right and exercising...wish there was a secret!"

keep up the good (and hard) work...you deserve every ounce of applause.

Go ahead and tell them what you are on - here are your options.

On track to be skinnier than they are by Christmas.

A lot of healthy foods and water.

A mission to get even hotter than you already are/were.

A mission to improve your life.

I know, I am a smarty pants so my suggestion might not be the best option for a good working relationship.

Go ahead and tell them what you are on - here are your options.

On track to be skinnier than they are by Christmas.

A lot of healthy foods and water.

A mission to get even hotter than you already are/were.

A mission to improve your life.

I know, I am a smarty pants so my suggestion might not be the best option for a good working relationship.

See, now, I wish I had quick wit. I would have so use the "on track to be skinnier than you by Christmas..."...LOL!!!

Thanks you guys for your support. I'm not so upset anymore, just annoyed now.

So this girls comes up to me at work and says, "wow...your pupils are so dilated and you've lost so much weight, what are you on?" OMG. First of all, my eyes are normal, I had just come in from the sun and have very blue eyes. Second of all...well, I can't even find words right now. UGGGHH..

So then just a few minutes later I run into another person, who says, "so what diet are you on? Are you having to take anything to lose weight?"

So I am guessing these two people, who work in the same dept, must have been talking about me earlier and then both decided to be sly and say something to try and figure out what I'm "ON" to lose weight.

Funny thing is that it is no secret that I had lapband surgery...although it's really none of their business and I haven't worked directly with them in the past, so they probably wouldn't know.

So basically they just accused me of "being on something" at work.

Really??? Who says crap like that to people???

Hi Cin!

Well, you can tell them either:

A. You're on N.O.Y.B.'s (None of Your Business)

or

B. You're on H.O.L. (High on Life)

or

C. You're on G.S.Y.'s (Go Screw Yourself)

Hope that makes you laugh =) Seriously though, it's a victory for you and obviously, they are so unhappy with themselves that they have to try to bring you down. In any case, their misery isn't your problem because you are doing FANTASTIC!

See, now, I wish I had quick wit. I would have so use the "on track to be skinnier than you by Christmas..."...LOL!!!

Thanks you guys for your support. I'm not so upset anymore, just annoyed now.

CINDY JUST KEEP SMILIN, SHE'LL THINK YOUR STILL "HIGH" :)

omg ive had that happen to me more than once when i was loosing alot of weight. maybe like 5 yrs ago. but these people that hadn't seen me in like years... went up to me and just said... "hitting the puckie pipe" i guess that's what people doing crack or meth use... i was so upset! so i knoooow exactly what you feel. these people are jealous and insecure. it should just make you realize that you look awesome enough to have haters getting in line to talk about you. just stay confident! u look and feel good... and they don't.

brush it off...

and next time... just say what i would tell them... "yeah... you wish, oh and tell ur bf to stop calling me" lol u can leave the bf part out. hehe. :P

when I lost a lot of weight and someone said somethng like that to me I just smiled, said "wouldnt you like to know?" and walked away.

It drove the girl nuts because she really did want to know.

This makes me want my lapband even more. Patience........

Yeah, those folks aren't worth telling! I don't mind people knowing and I've told a lot of people, but not ones that are going to be gossipy and judgemental. Only the cool kids get to know my tricks!!! :)

Love all the advice you have gotten i'd run with it. After it coming up a few times i've made sure and practiced my "speech" for those that I don't feel like telling.

Kill 'em with kindness I say - and let them tak - they are just doing it b/c they are green with envy!!! :P

Today was a good day! Held my head high and we just happened to have a luncheon and I could see them watching me fix my plate. Just to "mix things up a little" I put a nice piece of cake on my plate and knocked it around a little bit...of course only taking a couple of tiny bites. I even bragged about how great it was. Then when nobody was looking I threw the whole plate away. Now I'm sure I've got them confused....LOL

Today was a good day! Held my head high and we just happened to have a luncheon and I could see them watching me fix my plate. Just to "mix things up a little" I put a nice piece of cake on my plate and knocked it around a little bit...of course only taking a couple of tiny bites. I even bragged about how great it was. Then when nobody was looking I threw the whole plate away. Now I'm sure I've got them confused....LOL

LOL YOU GO GIRL!!!