Fill Question

Hi Everyone,

I will be ready for my first fill really soon. When I was at the Obesity Center getting my surgery Dr. Ortiz mentioned that it would be better to come there for all of my fills. I would have to fly from Ohio and that can get really pricey over time and I saw that there is a fill center about 85 miles from where I live. Does anyone have any thoughts about what is best? Please let me know. Thanks!

ok - am I wrong on this. I was under the impression that if u recieved all fills/unfills and no one else touched ur band - if something went wrong the OCC would basically fix it free. So - I have been flying back and forth. I can get fills etc free about a 2 hr drive from where I live. It takes me 5 hrs to drive then about 6 hours of flying one way to San Diego...so it is time consuming and costly. BUT I was so worried if I did the fills etc here if something happenend I would be screwed. Id really like another little fill - but CAN NOT go back to the OCC for a long time...possibly months and months - but if I go here and anything happens....

ok - am I wrong on this. I was under the impression that if u recieved all fills/unfills and no one else touched ur band - if something went wrong the OCC would basically fix it free. So - I have been flying back and forth. I can get fills etc free about a 2 hr drive from where I live. It takes me 5 hrs to drive then about 6 hours of flying one way to San Diego...so it is time consuming and costly. BUT I was so worried if I did the fills etc here if something happenend I would be screwed. Id really like another little fill - but CAN NOT go back to the OCC for a long time...possibly months and months - but if I go here and anything happens....

I wasn't told about the OCC covering your band if you soley went to them. So, I can't weigh in on that part. What i have heard said is if something does happen get to the OCC because it is cheaper.

I choose to get an after care provider in my local area. I looked at the cost, time off work, and time away from my family and decided it was well worth the up front cost to buy the package they offer here. Pricy but it works itself out after some time. Now my fills are affordable from here on out. $125 with floro. I had to put 1200 in for my 1st 4 visits.

Just thought I would post this to add what I do know on the subject. I live in KY and have found Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnatti to do my fills for me. I did have to pay up front for my first 4 which was $1150.00 total. These fills are under fluoro. It was cheaper for me to go this route since I would have to drive 6 hours to Atlanta for fluoro fills from fill centers usa. After the initial payment, I pay individually for any fill after the fourth one. It was my understanding once Dr. Ortiz puts your band on, if something happens they will look at it for free, but regardless of who has filled it I don't think any problems would be fixed for free unless the problem was Dr. Ortiz' fault. That being said, I'm new to all this, just having had surgery at the beginning of this month, but I wanted to tell you there is a surgeon very close to you with a great reputation.