FILLS - now I am curious

okay - so I replied to the thread about fills...but now I am curious...

I always go to the OCC for fills and unfills because I was scared if I went else where and I have something happen later Id be screwed. Does it make a difference? I just thought if u went to the OCC for all of it and something happened - they would fix the band free. But if u went elsewhere u would have to pay to have it fixed.

Anyone know the answer?????? It would be FREE for me to do fills/unfills here (well except gas for the 2 hour drive)- but I can do that when I am already going there.

Hi I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but as a fellow Canadian, I am wondering how you can get the fill for free. I have to pay here in Ontario, as it isn't covered by medicare.

Also, while I am at it, can you tell me what kick started your major weight loss? I lost 10 pounds pre op, 15 pounds during the liquid period, and in the last 10 weeks, I've been playing with 3 pounds--up and down. I am at 7.3 cc's but I only feel minimal restriction. I'm feeling quite frustrated, and not looking for quick losses just some consistent downward movement Any advice?

much appreciated.

The doctor that does them said as long as I get an order from my family doctor I dont have to pay - so Alberta Health Care pays it. But I know Ontarios health plan is different.

I lost a bit before the surgery, a lot in the liquid phase and to be honest I did a lot more liquids due to being too tight AND my biggest was that I could not eat bread or hardly ever eat pastas cuz of the tightness. Sorry I cant be more help!

Hi I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but as a fellow Canadian, I am wondering how you can get the fill for free. I have to pay here in Ontario, as it isn't covered by medicare.

Also, while I am at it, can you tell me what kick started your major weight loss? I lost 10 pounds pre op, 15 pounds during the liquid period, and in the last 10 weeks, I've been playing with 3 pounds--up and down. I am at 7.3 cc's but I only feel minimal restriction. I'm feeling quite frustrated, and not looking for quick losses just some consistent downward movement Any advice?

much appreciated.