What do you seem to crave?

Okay, I have never been a sweet food kind of person but I have noticed that since my last fill a few weeks ago, I super crave sweets! It's so dang odd! I usually prefer salt vs. sweet stuff but man, I ate a chocolate chip cookie and I don't even like chocolate chip cookies! Especially at night, boy, do I want a piece of candy or something so what I try to do is just drink water and add my sugar free hawaiian punch powder mix to it. I think maybe because a piece of candy or a quick bite of something like that goes down easier than a bite or morsel of something else? Does anyone have anything else they seem to crave like this?

Since being banded my biggest obstacle has been Ice Cream. I have NEVER been a big sweet eater but this has came full force. I have not for the "cure" for this, however I did find an Ice Cream shop that has 8 calorier per ounce, zero sugar, zero carb,zero fat Yogurt and it is wonderful! I have them top it with sliced almonds in place of the "candy crunch". This has worked really good for me.

Carrie

Same here. I have NEVER been a sweets person and I will eat any sweet now. I tend to go for Nonfat frozen yogurt...so gooood.

It's so weird. I've never been a sweets person either. My brother & sister live for it! It was always a sore subject around my family because whenever I'd say that I never really crave ice cream or candy, they look at me like, "Yeah right!" For years I had to keep explaining that I just ate a lot of food...not necessarily food that was bad for me. Grilled chicken was/is a staple in my house. Never fried anything. BUT, eating 2 chicken breasts didn't help the waist line at all!!

I'm almost 5 weeks post-op now, and I have been craving sweets!!! How backwards is that?!?!?! :wacko: My weakness - Nestle Lil' Drums!!

3433267023_bfc5827ce9.jpg

This is my first week back after two weeks of vacation. I behaved pretty well during vacation, even though I allowed myself a few treats along the way, mainly when I was driving because I would spend 9 to 16 hours in the car at a time and I needed something to do to help me stay awake. However, now that I am back and supposed to be behaving myself I am craving sweets. I finally decided to let it go the rest of this week and then get back on track on Sunday. I will be at the Chiefs game and even though they might have sweets there, there is no way I am willing to pay the big bucks for them.

ABSOLUTELY A YES!

I never used to eat sugar...in fact I was anti sugar due to so many cases of diabetes in my family...maybe it was because I could eat pasta (and pasta breaks down as carb sugars) and now I can't eat pasta...so sugar is the substitute.

Anyways, it sucks big time. I am addicted to Reeces PB cups with extra PB...and have gone so far as to dip chocolate in PB to get a quick fix. I stick to only sugar free ice cream..but have a terrible time staying away from cookies, etc. I think it is also because all of this goes down a bit too easily.

:(

A quick fix for me:

1 cup nonfat milk

1 - 2 tbs fat free peanut butter

1 scoop protein powder

1 container fat free chocolate jello (the kind that's pre-made in those little plastic cups)

crushed ice

I put this all in my magic bullet & have it for breakfast every morning. Not sure on the exact calorie count, but I'm getting my proteins in early & it tastes kinda like a peanut butter cup! (except the 'unflavored' protein power kinda makes it not exactly like one. <_< ) Plus, it's really filling.

:D

How funny is that i'm the same way! Never liked candy and people never believed me, but I just really didn't. I was a carb girl! :)

Now I crave the same stuff I always did, but my new one is ice cream. Mostly chocolate ice cream. No idea why - wonder why we all do that?

I've always had a sweet tooth. Even as a kid, I liked the sugar cereals and the snack cakes more than real food, and I used to eat ice cream sundaes for lunch instead of lunch (only occasionally) so I do not find myself craving sweets anymore than what is "normal" for me. I find that I eat less sweets than I used to though and more salty, crunchy stuff which I used to be able to leave alone completely. I usually try to eat the healthy stuff that I need, but I know I won't make it through the holidays without an eggnog or pumpkin shake. All things in moderation! Kudos to all of you who can and do substitute "no fat, no sugar, no carb." To me, all of that equals "no taste" or that funny fake sugar after taste and the fake fat texture is all wrong. If I am going to eat it, it has to be the real thing or nothing at all. But, I know the only way for me to manage sweets is to not eat any at all and I have not been able to manage to do that yet!

A quick fix for me:

1 cup nonfat milk

1 - 2 tbs fat free peanut butter

1 scoop protein powder

1 container fat free chocolate jello (the kind that's pre-made in those little plastic cups)

crushed ice

I put this all in my magic bullet & have it for breakfast every morning. Not sure on the exact calorie count, but I'm getting my proteins in early & it tastes kinda like a peanut butter cup! (except the 'unflavored' protein power kinda makes it not exactly like one. <_< ) Plus, it's really filling.

:D

Oo...I am going to try that one...maybe I can kick that sugar/PB craving

Chocolate! Have to have one or two mini pieces every day. I also make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie every morning. Love it.

1 cup skim milk

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

1 tbsp benefiber

2 tsps of Nestle Quick chocolate powder

4 ice cubes

Mix in blender. Tastes like a chocolate peanut butter milk shake. I will have to try the pudding shake.

dawn

came to check on this post - and yup the reese peanut butter cups used to be my down fall - I havent been craving these things as much though since I had an unfil. weird

my fav is - in the magic bullet...

1 scoop chocolately royal slim fast YUM

some Peanut Butter

1 cup 1% milk

and some ice cubes

Seriously - I have lived off that since my surgery and swear it was the reason for my of my success (when not too tight) I know we are supposed to stay off liquids, but the mornings just dont work for me - so this is what I live off...and I am LUCKY if I have time at work to pee, so I have slim fast and milk - its better than nothing.

came to check on this post - and yup the reese peanut butter cups used to be my down fall - I havent been craving these things as much though since I had an unfil. weird

my fav is - in the magic bullet...

1 scoop chocolately royal slim fast YUM

some Peanut Butter

1 cup 1% milk

and some ice cubes

Seriously - I have lived off that since my surgery and swear it was the reason for my of my success (when not too tight) I know we are supposed to stay off liquids, but the mornings just dont work for me - so this is what I live off...and I am LUCKY if I have time at work to pee, so I have slim fast and milk - its better than nothing.

well, I am going to try this, it sounds good also. I have had to deal with so much pain and then this neurosurgery that I know I just have had that I dont give a shit mentality. Time to get back to basics and get the remainder of this 40 lbs off...sweets be damned :)

well, I am going to try this, it sounds good also. I have had to deal with so much pain and then this neurosurgery that I know I just have had that I dont give a shit mentality. Time to get back to basics and get the remainder of this 40 lbs off...sweets be damned :)

Hey Lisa - I have to say if I had back surgery I would have to deviate from the "rules" too. I mean, heck...pain...discomfort=BIG A$$ BABY lol girl you are doing good. Back to the basics sounds like a great place to begin again! You can do it!

So I seem to crave various things but I've discovered the helper for my sweet tooth. Dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Five of them are thirty calories, they have a GREAT crunch and are sweet enough to stop me from wanting anything else that is sweet. On top of all of that - I'm finding that if I crunch on a few of this when I have that mid-morning or mid-afternoon drag time it gives me a great boost.

You can find these at Starbucks. Probably other places but that's where I've found them right now!

- Simone

So I seem to crave various things but I've discovered the helper for my sweet tooth. Dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Five of them are thirty calories, they have a GREAT crunch and are sweet enough to stop me from wanting anything else that is sweet. On top of all of that - I'm finding that if I crunch on a few of this when I have that mid-morning or mid-afternoon drag time it gives me a great boost.

You can find these at Starbucks. Probably other places but that's where I've found them right now!

- Simone

I second the dark chocolate. For what ever reason, I can eat a square of dark choc and be fine. It doesn't have the effect milk chocolate has on me, which is more more more. Dark choc does not create the cravings milk choc does.....weird, but cool. Costco has a bag of dark choc for 9.99. They are small and individualy wrapped. Very nice.

:lb14:

I seem to crave Chicken Alfredo pasta, but since I can't eat bread without pain I am too much of a scaredy cat to try it. My luck it would be a slider and that would not be good.

I also seem to crave frozen yogurt too. Oh and seafood.