Nearing Goal? Read this!

Hi guys - I frequent LBT (Lap Band Talk) because they have some great blogs over there. At anyrate, I was banded the same month, April 2009 Bunnies, as a gal from LBT. She is a regular blogger and I am an avid reader of hers. She keeps it real and talks about her tour with the band.

Nancy posted this blog this week and I as well as others thought it was worth linking to this board. Here is the link

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/blogs/51088/blog12833.html

Check it out.....let me know what you think....

My thoughts are I love it!

Limbo!

That is SO right on where I am right now and I like the term limbo for it. Once you get down to where you don't have a lot to lose it gets really freakin' hard to take that off. I used to get so mad at my friends who would complain that they wanted to take 10 lbs off, but now I understand how hard it was for them.

These last few lbs (10 for me I think) are gonna be tough and then maintenance too, but i'm gonna keep working at it!

Thanks for posting!

Good one!!! I wonder how many actually get to goal, even if it takes years? I know most of the old-timers at my local support group still struggle with the last 20 or 30 pounds, only a handful are at goal and some under goal. Still, these are people who have gone from "MORBIDLY OBESE" (morbid meaning you will likely die from weight-related health issues) to just simply "overweight". We should all be very proud of ourselves.

Sabrina:)

Good one!!! I wonder how many actually get to goal, even if it takes years? I know most of the old-timers at my local support group still struggle with the last 20 or 30 pounds, only a handful are at goal and some under goal. Still, these are people who have gone from "MORBIDLY OBESE" (morbid meaning you will likely die from weight-related health issues) to just simply "overweight". We should all be very proud of ourselves.

Sabrina:)

Amen to that! My first MAJOR goal is to hit 178. I have lots of mini goals along the way to keep me striving to achieve the next goal. Sometimes my 10 lbs goals seem to drag, so I need things at the for front for me.

I really think it has to do with exercise - I struggle keeping my weight so it doesn't get to low - but I really am focused on making sure I work out consistently.

It just all depends, the truth is this is a lifelong job keeping healthy and we most likely will never be able to fully stop being focused on it. Right now I do crossfit, weights, cardio, and Pilates. I try to do something different every day. Normally its 45 minutes to an hour - but if I miss it I feel like crap - and it did take me a while to get here. What I don't do anymore is watch much TV, hardly ever unless it’s having music on. (I exchanged working out for TV time) I hover between 127 and 131 from a high of 275 (weight high, there was a while there when I would not get on a scale and I know I weighed much higher....) Everyone I know that has hit their goal and stayed consistent had made exercise a big part of their life.

It’s an interesting ride we're on. Each of us will do it differently - what works for me will not for others.

Best,

Lisa