Appt made!

Hello! My name is Theresa and I'm getting banded at the OCC on 12/11/09. Paperwork is in and financing was approved. Now what? I've been reading like a mad woman and almost feel overwhelmed with information. I hope this is the right forum to introduce myself and ask some questions.

What is PB? Is it hard to eat without drinking anything?

Does anyone do Isagenix?

Hello! My name is Theresa and I'm getting banded at the OCC on 12/11/09. Paperwork is in and financing was approved. Now what? I've been reading like a mad woman and almost feel overwhelmed with information. I hope this is the right forum to introduce myself and ask some questions.

What is PB? Is it hard to eat without drinking anything?

Does anyone do Isagenix?

Hi Theresa and welcome to the forum. Information over load huh....I can see why. This forum is a great place for support, information, and to ask questions.

PB stands for Productive Burp. It can be as simple as a burp that brings up food. More often than not, my PB's are me bending over and opening my mouth and having a blob of "slime" with food particles come up. Then there are others who a PB is more like a vomit/heave feeling that has the same results.

Slime is a thicker that spit lubrications our bodies produce when it is attempting to help move food down.

Hope that helps you to understand.

I will say not drinking with meals is hard at first. We are accustom to it and have been doing it for years. It takes training. I don't have any issues not drinking with my meals. I have accepted that is what I had to do and did it. I don't mind really. You get use to it. I will say that at first it was hard to see loved ones drink my love Diet Coke....LOL I have not had a pop since the night before my surgery and honestly I don't miss it.

I don't know what Isagenix is.....what is it?

AngieB answered your PB question.

I don't know what lsagenix is either.

As for not drinking while eating, I have no problem with that. I just don't put anything to drink in front of me. Honestly, I am so tired of drinking the same old stuff anymore that there are some days that I could go all day without drinking anything at all (I do not recommend this). At restaurants I order a water and leave it where the waitress puts it only because I get tired of explaining that I really don't want anything to drink.

You can do this! Welcome to your journey to a new you!

AngieB answered your PB question.

I don't know what lsagenix is either.

As for not drinking while eating, I have no problem with that. I just don't put anything to drink in front of me. Honestly, I am so tired of drinking the same old stuff anymore that there are some days that I could go all day without drinking anything at all (I do not recommend this). At restaurants I order a water and leave it where the waitress puts it only because I get tired of explaining that I really don't want anything to drink.

You can do this! Welcome to your journey to a new you!

It still amazes me that not ordering a drink is such a hard concept to understand. I do the same thing you do, order and push it to the far side of the table, that way I don't forget and try to drink it. Long term habits die hard...

Thanks for the responses! PB doesn't sound too lovely. I will try and work on not doing that. How many times a day do you have one?

Isagenix is a nutritional cleansing system. I never did it full steam, but I am doing a modified version. It is a cleansing and shake system for weight loss and health.

PB'ing is not fun, but is a part of life with the band. You should try to do it as little as possible. I guess on average i'd say I do it once every week to two weeks just depends. But I try to do it as little as possible. You chew really well and take small bites and know your body and what your band can tolerate and what it can't.

I know someone that was doing that stuff, but her doctor made her stop b/c she wasn't getting enough calories. I know folks do it, but i'd check w/ your doctor first.

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Theresa for asking what PB's were. I'm a newbie on here too - surgery date is Jan. 7th, 2010.

I have been reading everything I could get my hands on and it's starting to run together.

This is a great place for info. - nothing like hearing from people who have already been there, done that.

Good luck with the new you! I can't wait for the new me!