Back to work/recovery time

:unsure: Just wondering what the real down time is, before I will be back to work, after the banding? The family is not being terribly supportive, and since I work in a family business, I am hopeful that the recovery is speedy ><'

Thanks for any feedback you can share.

A lot of it depends on what you do for a living and how quick you recover. I seemed to have more pain than others - I had surgery on a Thurs and went back to work on Wed. My first day back though was a 12 hour day and that was tough. I sit at a desk all day and if I could have gotten up and taken walks it would have helped a lot. Some people go right back to work with no issues.

Sorry, that didn't really give you an answer! :) If you do go back quickly make sure you can get up about every hour and take a quick walk.

I had surgery on Monday and didn't go back until Monday (that was planned)...BUT I could have gone back to work on the Thursday that I arrived back home. I didn't have any of the gas pains or anything like that...I don't have a high tolerance for pain so it's not that I'm tough...I think I just got lucky or something because I didn't even feel like I really had surgery. I was sore in the port area, but it just felt like I had a really good ab workout. In fact, I have been in more pain due to a workout than I was because of the surgery!

Good luck!!

As everyone says, we are all different with our recoveries. I've had complications at the site of the port incision and even though it's been two weeks I'm still not comfortable or physically ready to return. My G.P says another week.

Cheryl

I had surgery on Friday and returned to work either Monday or Tuesday the next week. Don't remember for sure. I was sorry that I hadn't taken off at least a week. I had BAD gas which made it very difficult to not be at home. But everyone is different and I would expect at least a week COULD be needed but that you could probably return much sooner.