Feeling Naseous the First Week

I had my band done 3 days ago and I am starting to feel slightly nauseous pretty much throughout the day. The thought of more liquid foods only adds to the problem. I either eat the liquids and it promotes the nausea or I don't eat but then I have zero energy and feel starving and nauseous. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? How long will it last?

Phone the OCC and talk to them about it. They may advice taking something for nausea to be pro-active for a few days.

Make sure that you drink even if it is just water or you will get dehydrated which will potentiate the nausea. If you cannot drink you will have to look at seeing your doctor and have some IV fluids.

Try Gatoraide, or sports drink or even eating popsicles you get fluid.

Hope you are feeling better soon

Debbie

I had my band done 3 days ago and I am starting to feel slightly nauseous pretty much throughout the day. The thought of more liquid foods only adds to the problem. I either eat the liquids and it promotes the nausea or I don't eat but then I have zero energy and feel starving and nauseous. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? How long will it last?

Great reply RevyD! Just a thought, but it sounds like you have a good level of restriction/swelling. Take it easy and sip sip sip. No big drinks, see if that helps you tolerate liquids better. Call the OCC as they are the best resource you have.

All of us can only offer secondary advise. Best to go with the experts! Hope this passes for you quickly. Let us know what the OCC says and more importantly how you are feeling.