OK, I'll say it: FARTING!!

Hello friends. My sister and I are going to get banded in two weeks and I've read a few posts about FARTING. I read a post that recommended getting charcoal pads (or something like that). Does anybody know where I can purchase those? The last thing I need is for the poor guy beside us to pass out on the flight home…lol Also, someone recommended getting a massage therapist to come to the room for a massage that will help release some of the gas. Sooooo….how does one going about requesting this without sounding like a crazy person? :wacko:

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Hello friends. My sister and I are going to get banded in two weeks and I've read a few posts about FARTING. I read a post that recommended getting charcoal pads (or something like that). Does anybody know where I can purchase those? The last thing I need is for the poor guy beside us to pass out on the flight home…lol Also, someone recommended getting a massage therapist to come to the room for a massage that will help release some of the gas. Sooooo….how does one going about requesting this without sounding like a crazy person? :wacko:

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Hello!

I have been banded almost a year and I did not experience this at all. I did have gas pains, but they were trapped for a couple of days. My left shoulder killed me, still does when I am hungry. When i got home I had to walk, walk, walk and sip sip sip. I took gas x strips, which did not work for me, the only thing that really helped was the walks and sipping on hot broth....I also it took me FOREVER to be able to burp, like a month or better, I was so excited when I let out my first little "burp"....Everyone is SO different, but passing gas has not been one of my issues....

Good Luck to you!

Carrie

My gas was all stuck in me (shoulder) really until I got on solids. Now, I can let 'em rip! I was never able to burp before and now can. Lucky for me, the ones that are coming out "the other end" don't smell but I have a lot of them. Sorry, TMI but hey ! :)

Haha - nice topic!

I was banded with my sister too, in June of last year.

We went back to the hotel the same day as our surgeries and walked about 15 laps around the block where the Lucerna hotel is - farting as we went. :) It really helped release the gas.

I don't recall any issues on the flight home (and I had a 6-hour flight). Of course one can always make frequent trips to the rest room.

I think you'll be just fine.