second fill

Hey I just booked my second fill at the OCC for the 24 of November. Will be my first trip alone :o I will be spending 2 nights at the marriot and wonders if anyone else will be there that same time? I sure hope this will help the scale move!!! Getting upset and I hate Halloween!!!

Hey I just booked my second fill at the OCC for the 24 of November. Will be my first trip alone :o I will be spending 2 nights at the marriot and wonders if anyone else will be there that same time? I sure hope this will help the scale move!!! Getting upset and I hate Halloween!!!

Hang in there! I had good changes between each adjustment, but it took me 4 fills to see a steady weight loss! (I know they give more aggressive fills in TJ)

Hang in there! I had good changes between each adjustment, but it took me 4 fills to see a steady weight loss! (I know they give more aggressive fills in TJ)

I have 4 cc's in the 11 cc band and I am so worried I could be stretching out my pouch. I am stuck and was so sure once I had my first fill I would start doing better. They better fill this band up cause I am not sure if I can come back to Mexico again. BTW cograts on your weight lose so far!! When did you have the band put in??

I was banded the end of April of this year. I am pleased with my band and am even more pleased to see some scale results. Thanks for the compliment! I am 40 lbs down and feel so very much better. I am back at the weight I was when I got married in March of 2007! Fantastic! I only no one person who has not had success with the band.

I have 4 cc's in the 11 cc band and I am so worried I could be stretching out my pouch. I am stuck and was so sure once I had my first fill I would start doing better. They better fill this band up cause I am not sure if I can come back to Mexico again. BTW cograts on your weight lose so far!! When did you have the band put in??

I will be leaving Chicago on Nov 18 and returning on Nov 22. Wanted to spend an extra day relaxing, getting a massage, and shopping. Will be staying at the Marriot.

Liz

Hi there

I am not aware of a 11cc band, where did you get that info?

Mine is 10ccs, and after my 2nd fill recently (Oct 12) I have lost 5 pounds, which is a major improvement considering I lost only 5 pounds in 2 months after the first fill which was on Aug 3.

From what I can tell, most people that are being successful have restriction of 75% of their band. Abit less if you are heavier and abit more as you lose more.

Recently I found that if I munch carefully on a carrot, that makes me full really fast, cant finish it. Thats not something we should do all day, but something I need to do at night so I dont do the munchies. Really seems to work for me now.

All the best to you,

Karin G

Hi there

I am not aware of a 11cc band, where did you get that info?

Mine is 10ccs, and after my 2nd fill recently (Oct 12) I have lost 5 pounds, which is a major improvement considering I lost only 5 pounds in 2 months after the first fill which was on Aug 3.

From what I can tell, most people that are being successful have restriction of 75% of their band. Abit less if you are heavier and abit more as you lose more.

Recently I found that if I munch carefully on a carrot, that makes me full really fast, cant finish it. Thats not something we should do all day, but something I need to do at night so I dont do the munchies. Really seems to work for me now.

All the best to you,

Karin G

I too have an 11cc band (Johnson & Johnson - SAGB BD3XV) in place by Dr. Ortiz on Oct. 16, 2009. The information came from my surgical report that I requested from the OCC. The surgical report describes the description of technique and trans-operative findings. I'm sure if you were to ask they will provide you with a transcript of your surgery.

Cheers !

Cheryl

Hi,

I also have an 11 cc band. I couldn't tell from my card, but I got my first fill last week and Dr. So said I now have 4cc in an 11 cc band. I was banded 9/22/09. I think Dr. So told me the most they usually give on the first fill is 4cc, but he did try 4.5 and then removed that extra .5 - or it might have been an extra .25. I don't remember exactly, I was a bit mesmerized by watching the x-ray screen. I did feel that he gave me the maximum amount I could handle based on what we saw on the screen.

I plan on having my second fill after Thanksgiving - can't wait since I have very little restriction (at least as far as I can tell - I'm too afraid to test my limits). It's a hassle for me to travel to TJ, but I found out that the closest Fill Center USA does not do flouro. If I can't find another place then I will be back to see Dr. So. I definitely think it is worth the time and expense to get the flouro. Plus... it's just so fascinating to see how it works.

Cheryl, thanks for the advice on requesting the surgical report.

Margie

How do you know that the OCC gives more aggressive fills? I'm curious.

Well I was told that when you go to the OCC you may go 2-3 times for fills and then be done. I have a friend that went to her Dr and had 1 fill a month for 12 months she still is not at her sweat spot a year and a half after surgery. I just hope this next fill goes well!

Hi,

I also have an 11 cc band. I couldn't tell from my card, but I got my first fill last week and Dr. So said I now have 4cc in an 11 cc band. I was banded 9/22/09. I think Dr. So told me the most they usually give on the first fill is 4cc, but he did try 4.5 and then removed that extra .5 - or it might have been an extra .25. I don't remember exactly, I was a bit mesmerized by watching the x-ray screen. I did feel that he gave me the maximum amount I could handle based on what we saw on the screen.

I plan on having my second fill after Thanksgiving - can't wait since I have very little restriction (at least as far as I can tell - I'm too afraid to test my limits). It's a hassle for me to travel to TJ, but I found out that the closest Fill Center USA does not do flouro. If I can't find another place then I will be back to see Dr. So. I definitely think it is worth the time and expense to get the flouro. Plus... it's just so fascinating to see how it works.

Cheryl, thanks for the advice on requesting the surgical report.

Margie

Margie,

The Northwestern Fill Center in Washington does fills with the floroscope. It might take you less time & $$??. That's where most Canadians on the west coast go & I've heard very good things about them. Since I'm only in my fourth week Ihaven't had first hand experience yet..

Good luck!

Cheryl