New Here!!!

Hi!! I'm scheduled to be banded on January 4th!! Right now I'm doing my pre-op weight loss and down 5 of my required 10 lbs. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's success stories and advice!!!

Hi Missy G..

I'm a newbie to this land of lapbanders myself...I got banded on Oct. 16. '09 and am in my first week of being on solid foods again. The three weeks of liquids-only wasn't too terrribly hard. The first week after surgery you don't want to eat at all, the 2nd and 3rd weeks are doable because you are so encouraged by how quickly the weight is just falling off.

Now that I am allowed to eat solids again I pick and choose really carefully what I want to put in my body. I seem to do well with small amounts of chicken, steamed veggies and roasted potatoes. The key word being SMALL amounts...as in a large tablespoon of each!! It's great that I can feel full on such small portions...and I haven't even received any fills yet!! Any restriction I am feeling is due to my sticking to the pre-op diet and 21 post op liquid diet and any residual swelling from the actual surgery.

You will love your Mexican experience with OCC. The staff is marvelous and the medical facility was great! My husband and I stayed at the Marriott and really enjoyed the service and accomodations. I took my swim suit and even got a little pool time in!

You will be so glad that you made this decision towards a healthier and more fit life.

Cheers!!

Cheryl

Welcome to the group! You will find lots of great info here. Best of luck!

Congratulations on your upcoming lapband surgery! There are so many super nice and smart people on this forum. You will learn everything you need to know and then some. This is an exciting time for you. (How brave of you to go through the preop during the holidays--you are gonna do awesome!!) Again, congratulations and welcome!