Nausea / Dizziness?

My mom had surgery last Friday (the 13th) and has had 2 episodes of extreme nausea. Thankfully, she has not thrown up, but it's been a close thing. Both episodes have been accompanied by dizziness and hot-flashes.

The first time, she'd just drank some orange juice that hadn't been weakened with water, so we thought maybe the acid caused it. Tonight, she downed all of her pills at once (a post-lap-band no-no!). But neither of those things should have caused the dizziness and hot-flashes, even if they did result in nausea!

The episode tonight was so bad that she ended up quickly laying down on the kitchen floor so that she wouldn't fall if she passed out.

After a cold washcloth and some deep breaths, she's feeling a bit better, but this still worries me. I never got nauseous after the surgery, so I don't know if this is something that we should have expected or not.

I have a bottle of OTC anti-nausea stuff, but she hasn't taken it (she hates Cherry and that's the only flavor it comes in). I'm hoping that I can get her to take a swig tonight, just in case. I'd hate for her to screw up the entire surgery just by throwing up one time!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Yes, I did call the office and left a message, but it's 8:30 pm there, and I have no idea if anyone checks the messages at night. This is not a 911 situation, just an "OMG I don't know if this is okay or not!" thing.

Beth & her newly banded mom, Wilma

Hi, i know that when i had the surgery they gave me a shot right after i left for the nausea i dont know if they gave it to your mom or not but they should have, i think that maybe the mixture of all the medications could have made her feel a bit nauseous and also the surgery itself I know that you have to rest and have vitamins and drink plenty of water if not she will get dehydrated they are usually really good about calling back i had to call for an incision problem it was about 10pm their time they didnt answer at first but then minutes later they called back they are really good about it they have a doctor on Call Usually Dr. but DR. Martinez returned my call. well best of luck i hope your mom feels better and i hope this helped

My mom had surgery last Friday (the 13th) and has had 2 episodes of extreme nausea. Thankfully, she has not thrown up, but it's been a close thing. Both episodes have been accompanied by dizziness and hot-flashes.

The first time, she'd just drank some orange juice that hadn't been weakened with water, so we thought maybe the acid caused it. Tonight, she downed all of her pills at once (a post-lap-band no-no!). But neither of those things should have caused the dizziness and hot-flashes, even if they did result in nausea!

The episode tonight was so bad that she ended up quickly laying down on the kitchen floor so that she wouldn't fall if she passed out.

After a cold washcloth and some deep breaths, she's feeling a bit better, but this still worries me. I never got nauseous after the surgery, so I don't know if this is something that we should have expected or not.

I have a bottle of OTC anti-nausea stuff, but she hasn't taken it (she hates Cherry and that's the only flavor it comes in). I'm hoping that I can get her to take a swig tonight, just in case. I'd hate for her to screw up the entire surgery just by throwing up one time!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Yes, I did call the office and left a message, but it's 8:30 pm there, and I have no idea if anyone checks the messages at night. This is not a 911 situation, just an "OMG I don't know if this is okay or not!" thing.

Beth & her newly banded mom, Wilma

Good call by making a call to the OCC. On a side note, I have heard many times that people who are not hydrated feel nauseous. Is she keeping her fluids up? Also watch the sodium level as it can take away from being hydrated as well.

Good call by making a call to the OCC. On a side note, I have heard many times that people who are not hydrated feel nauseous. Is she keeping her fluids up? Also watch the sodium level as it can take away from being hydrated as well.

Still waiting on a return call from the clinic. God, I hope I gave them the right number, lol! I just got a new cell phone with a new number about a month ago... I thought I knew it, but now I'm not so sure!!!