Trapped Wind

wayneleon

Hi there,

I am new on here so please bare with me. My wife has just had Biatric Surgery {not the band} a couple of days ago. However, since her surgery, she has been complaining about what she believes is 'trapped wind'. In fact she is in agony with it, and hasn't been able to sleep properly because of it, and no matter what the clinical staff give her, doesn't seem to be working. She is due out off hospital on Thursday {having gone in on Monday, and had her operation}, I just wanted to know whether this 'trapped wind' is normal?

I have checked other sites like this and the patients there don't seem to suffer with it? This confuses and worries me and makes me think that it could be something else. I have spoken to the nurses about it and they seem to believe it is trapped wind too. They told me that they will be getting her moving a lot more {which could help}. Again, has anyone else suffered with this? Much appreciate your replies.

The Surgery, Being put to sleep, or something seems to cause painful gas. I was told to stand up and windmill my arms and rotate my shoulders a bunch. Also the breathing exercises were important. These seemed to help a lot.

Good Luck,

Darrel

Thank you all for your replies. So movement seems to be the key. I will pass the message onto her now, although her temperature has gone up a bit again and she has since been sick too. Thanks again for replies.

If her temp is rising and she is sick I would recommend taking her to her doctor . Don't want to wait around with a fresh post op . Fever is not normal.

Debbie