Top 25 Clean-eats

Lindsay

I know there's a lot of question in this forum in terms of what to eat.

I just found this post by fitness & nutrition guru, Jill Coleman.

People who eat the same foods day in & day out have better weight loss success ..

True, it is boring eating the same thing day in and day out, but no one can deny the fat loss success associated with eating this way, when your daily plate is filled with nutritious, lean, satisfyingly clean foods. I try to eat only from this list, and when I do that consistently, I am thrilled with the results– fat loss, leanness and muscle tone, not to mention a couple of developed upper abs that start to pop! Try it! At least it makes grocery shopping easy!!? :-)

Chicken breasts

Ground bison

Egg whites

Whey protein powder

Turkey breasts/lean ground turkey

White fish

Wild Alaskan salmon

Spinach

Broccoli

Asparagus

Bell peppers

Green beans

Kale/collard greens/chard

Berries

Apples

Old-fashioned oatmeal

Sweet potatoes

Brown rice

Low-fat yogurt

Raw almonds

Natural peanut butter or almond butter (limit to 2 tbsp per serving :-)

Chunky salsa

Water

Green tea

Unsweetened cocoa

Your shopping list is ready for Jan 1, 2009!

I know there's a lot of question in this forum in terms of what to eat.

I just found this post by fitness & nutrition guru, Jill Coleman.

People who eat the same foods day in & day out have better weight loss success ..

Lindsay - great list! I have tow questions. What do you use the unsweetend cocoa on or with? You can do rice with no complications....? I've read most bandsters with a "good" level or restriction can no longer do rice....that is why I am asking. For me, I take in maybe a tbs of rice tops. I don't have much room.....

Did you have fun in China? It looked great from your blog/pictures.

Lindsay - great list! I have tow questions. What do you use the unsweetend cocoa on or with? You can do rice with no complications....? I've read most bandsters with a "good" level or restriction can no longer do rice....that is why I am asking. For me, I take in maybe a tbs of rice tops. I don't have much room.....

Lindsay!

I agree, this is a GREAT list. Angie as for as rice, I can do rice, never have I had a problem....Gotta Love tha Band...lol

Carrie

Hi Angie,

I think I have an answer for the rice. Dr. Miranda warned me about sticky rice last week when I met with her. I told her that my favorite food in the whole wide world is Indian Food and I do not think I could live without Basmati Rice and I buy it from Costco since it comes in really cool microwavable pouches and she said that since Basmati Rice is not sticky I should not have a problem with it when it comes time for whole foods. I am guessing that steamed rice in general would be fine. The thing she told me that I would not be able to do is the Naan :(

Hi Angie,

I think I have an answer for the rice. Dr. Miranda warned me about sticky rice last week when I met with her. I told her that my favorite food in the whole wide world is Indian Food and I do not think I could live without Basmati Rice and I buy it from Costco since it comes in really cool microwavable pouches and she said that since Basmati Rice is not sticky I should not have a problem with it when it comes time for whole foods. I am guessing that steamed rice in general would be fine. The thing she told me that I would not be able to do is the Naan :(

That is sad. I have been staying away from Indian nearly all togther, seems with it I want to drink. So.....I avoid it now. : (