help anyone out there

Someone please help. I am 2 days post op LB....I have pain everywhere. Its hard to walk cant turn in bed.....neck and shoulders sore also chest probably from trying to help myself up with the pain. Taking tylenol 3 but pain still bad....not hungry(i guess thats a plus) but too hard to move.....Is this normal? Breathing is difficult because of pain in diaphram chest and back.....what is this all about! Cathy

Someone please help. I am 2 days post op LB....I have pain everywhere. Its hard to walk cant turn in bed.....neck and shoulders sore also chest probably from trying to help myself up with the pain. Taking tylenol 3 but pain still bad....not hungry(i guess thats a plus) but too hard to move.....Is this normal? Breathing is difficult because of pain in diaphram chest and back.....what is this all about! Cathy

Cathy - Call the OCC - there is always a Dr on call. I personally think you are having gas pain and pressure. The only thing people talk about on here to help it is to get up and walk. Do some wind mill movements with your arms to help move the gas out from your shoulders. Have you been walking every few hours?

I agree with Angie. Call the OCC but it sounds like bad gas pains. Walk, walk and then walk some more. Lifting arms up and down or like a wind mill can get you belching which will hurt but feel so much better.

I would cool it on the Tyelenol number 3 or you are going to get very constipated and have trouble in that area. Try to just use Tyelenol extra strength or some advil.

Make sure you get lots of water in as well because that will help with constipation.

I am a nurse so just want to caution you on the codeine and it's affects.

Keep us posted how you are doing

Debbie

I was banded 6 days ago, and yes, I'm still very sore. It's still difficult to turn in bed, get up from the couch, and I'm just starting to feel the gas is leaving, although I still feel pressure in my chest. That pain in your chest is gas. Gas Ex pills helped me A LOT. The strips have less medication, so take the pills. They are small and will help so much. I wasn't expecting too much pain, but boy did I feel it! I took pain pills for the first 4 days. Although I'm still sore, I'm not taking anything at this point. The pain and gas will pass - give it a full week to start feeling "normal". The good news is, is that I've already lost 6 pounds. A friend of mine, banded on the same day, has lost 14 pounds. Hang in there!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((Cathy))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I hope you are feeling a little better. I was miserable a few days after surgery to the point where I asked myself "What the f did I do to myself?" Hopefully you'll feel more like yourself soon. It took awhile for me because I was stubborn and didn't call the OCC. The moment I did, I felt better over night because I followed their direction.

xo

Thanks for all the input! I got banded two days ago. I felt pretty good yesterday so went mall shopping.

Might have overdone it as I didn't sleep all that well and today feel so much worse!

About to get on a 5 hour flight which I'm so not looking forward to.

Feels as if someone has punched me right in the stomach!

I also feel very weak and shaky (and I'm usually not a whiner but I feel like whining now) - any suggestions

For what to drink to keep up strength this week?

Can't wait to go to work tomorrow (note the sarcasm).

Cathy - Call the OCC - there is always a Dr on call. I personally think you are having gas pain and pressure. The only thing people talk about on here to help it is to get up and walk. Do some wind mill movements with your arms to help move the gas out from your shoulders. Have you been walking every few hours?

who is the occ?

(((((((((((((((((((((((Cathy))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I hope you are feeling a little better. I was miserable a few days after surgery to the point where I asked myself "What the f did I do to myself?" Hopefully you'll feel more like yourself soon. It took awhile for me because I was stubborn and didn't call the OCC. The moment I did, I felt better over night because I followed their direction.

xo

Who is occ...still have alot of pain andstuck in throat feeling, very weak and shakey cant walk,,,,help

Who is occ...still have alot of pain andstuck in throat feeling, very weak and shakey cant walk,,,,help

Oh dear, I am sorry about assuming you went to the OCC which stands for Obestiy Control Center. How did getting up, walking and doing some wind mill movements go? Have you been walking reguarly? It really does help. Sweetie, call the surgeon who did your surgery. They need to know you are feeling bad so they can help you through this.

Let us know how you are feeling.

Angie

I had a lot more pain than others described so I understand what you are going through. LIke others said, a lot of that is gas pain and all you can really do is walk a lot and do the gas x. As far as being shaky I was too. It never totally went away, but drinking special k20 water and gatorade helped quite a bit. I couldn't stomach the chicken and beef broth and what not, so I took regular soup and drained the heck out of it. Tasted soo much better until I could get on regular soups.

Once you can get past day 7 it gets a lot better. More food choices and you just start feeling a lot better pain wise. I was also stubborn and didn't call the doctor and just toughed it out (as well as pissed and moaned a lot!! Makes you feel better!!) but if it would make you feel better I say call the doctor so you have some peace of mind.

Good luck! Definitely don't overdo it - I did that and I felt it for sure!