Leg Lift Surgery?

thisisntobvious

I'm really curious about surgery on my legs. I'm not sure if it's a leg left or liposuction that I'll be needing. I'm 19 and got the lap band when I was 17. I started out at 252 and now am at 131. I'm so soo sooo happy with my accomplishment. It's completely changed my life. However, the thought of all this and not being able to wear a skirt really upsets me. I'm 19 and I hadn't gotten to enjoy my body in those years, I really want to be able to wear a skirt for once in my life. But all this weight loss has taken a tole on my body obviously and the skin on my thighs isn't tight at all and looks very loose. Cellulite doesn't even begin to describe it. There's like saggyness and hangingness, I'm not really sure how to describe it. I'm wondering if this can be taken care of through exercise? I've worked out and I don't see improvemnet in the shape so much as weight loss. I'm thinking about going to a consultation, but I'm still lost as to if I should look into leg lift or lipo or what the deal is because I've been exercising and it's not working. Has anyone experienced what I'm experiencing? Any tips? :)

Your still are very young and I was told by a doctor during my band consultation that loose skin is not a problem if you are young AND do weight resistance training to build muscle and the skin can latch on to the bigger musles better. From my understanding, you may have lost a lot of muscle during your weight loss and the skin may not have much to grasp onto.

Lipo and cario is not going to fix this. At your age I would try resistance weight training first(weight machines for legs at the gym as well as excercises such as squats and leg lundges)and see if you have any improvement over the next month after daily consistancy. Only then would I have a consultation for a lift and I would get more then 1 opinion due to your age.

• 3 weeks later...

First CONGRATS on your weight loss! So awesome you did this young and have a lifetime of thinness ahead of you!!

I am also at 131 lbs and have to admit am having the same problem, but I am also 46 and not 19. I hate when I look at my legs and see the sagging. Recently I went back up to 140 lbs and notice the skin was not so saggy on my thighs and butt but when I lost back down to 131 it was saggy again. It kind of just deflates at this point.

I work out religiously and am trying to tighten it up that way but so far not much. I had a couple of sessions with a personal trainer and he seems to think we will tighten it up. He has me doing LOTS of reps on a quad machine for my legs. He says we will build the muscle and it will tighten the skin...i am skeptical but trying. I guess what it comes down to for me is will the scarring left from the leg surgery bother me more or less than the sagging skin. I think I would be more bothered by the scar.

I have also looked into a procedure called "Thermage" and it seems like it might work to tighten the skin but not have the scarring. I may look at this more if the leg sagging doesn't resolve by the end of 2010.

Just remember...give it time..it took you 17 years to get fat so it will probably take more than 1-2 years to get thin and toned again. This is where the hard work begins.

Best of luck!!

• 2 months later...

I'm really curious about surgery on my legs. I'm not sure if it's a leg left or liposuction that I'll be needing. I'm 19 and got the lap band when I was 17. I started out at 252 and now am at 131. I'm so soo sooo happy with my accomplishment. It's completely changed my life. However, the thought of all this and not being able to wear a skirt really upsets me. I'm 19 and I hadn't gotten to enjoy my body in those years, I really want to be able to wear a skirt for once in my life. But all this weight loss has taken a tole on my body obviously and the skin on my thighs isn't tight at all and looks very loose. Cellulite doesn't even begin to describe it. There's like saggyness and hangingness, I'm not really sure how to describe it. I'm wondering if this can be taken care of through exercise? I've worked out and I don't see improvemnet in the shape so much as weight loss. I'm thinking about going to a consultation, but I'm still lost as to if I should look into leg lift or lipo or what the deal is because I've been exercising and it's not working. Has anyone experienced what I'm experiencing? Any tips? :)

looks like Kimmy had some good tips, but I can tell you that liposuction will not do anything for the skin. I had lipo suction when I was 20 years old (I was about 150lbs 5'7" at the time) and honestly - Liposuction is the lamest plastic surgery procedure there is. It did nothing for my body except when I ended up gaining weight (i'm now 209) I gained it in more random places. Like my arms are now super extra fat - pretty much out of proportion with my body.

Honestly if you're thinking about plastic surgery to remove the skin a thigh lift seems like the way to go to remove excess skin. Even though you're young you still deserve to have the body that you want. you took measures with losing weight so now you deserve to be a little vain and take care of any other issues that are bothering you.

I say if you want it - go for it.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about the leg lift. You could always go to a plastic surgeon for consult and get info on procedures that might help you. I really want to say congratulations to you on your weight loss accomplishment. That is completely awesome! Way to go!!