sleeping on stomach

Hey everyone, I was wondering if those who have already been banded could let me know how the port effects their living? After surgery, does sleeping on yor stomach hurt?..I LOVE SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH!!.. And are you allowed to do sit ups, or anything else that might interfere with your port? I thik overall, the only thing that is (FREAKING) me out is the idea of being able to feel the port, like is it visible to another person?..Can I feel it if I rubbed the area? Honesty would be nice. Thank You.

Hey everyone, I was wondering if those who have already been banded could let me know how the port effects their living? After surgery, does sleeping on yor stomach hurt?..I LOVE SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH!!.. And are you allowed to do sit ups, or anything else that might interfere with your port? I thik overall, the only thing that is (FREAKING) me out is the idea of being able to feel the port, like is it visible to another person?..Can I feel it if I rubbed the area? Honesty would be nice. Thank You.

My port still has plenty of pad above it! It will be a while before I have those concerns. I can sleep on my stomach or any which way I want. No issues. It did take a few weeks to be able to sleep on my tummy, but hey they just stitched a port in the muscle tissue. LOL

At first I could not sleep on my stomach but after a while I could. Month maybe not sure it's been a while. I can sleep on my stomach now, but if i'm on a firmer surface (tanning bed, doctor's table, etc...) I can feel it if i'm on my stomach. Mine doesn't show, but you can feel it if you put your hand on my stomach. I was at the chiropractor and he touched me right there and gave me a funny look so I had to explain so he didn't think I had a tumor or something! I've heard of many folks getting their port re positioned once they are down to goal so that it doesn't poke out.

The first month or two, it's uncomfortable to sleep on your stomach, mostly because it takes longer for your port incision to heal up. However, I can safely say that I can now sleep in every wonky position possible, including with the cat laying directly on my port site, on my stomach, side, etc. So if you can put up with a bit of uncomfortable for the first bit, you will be fine!

I am getting ready to have my port relocated in a couple of months. I can tell that there is a slight "mound" in the area where my port is, but with clothes on, even the clingy stuff I wore this summer, it is not noticeable to anyone else. By no means does it stick out like an "outie" belly button. After losing my weight and having a tummy tuck there is no padding between the port and my skin which is not a big deal other than I hit it constantly. Carried a huge stack of books out of the library a few weeks ago and they wanted to rest right where the port is. When I sit down in certain pants the waistband and/or belt slips under the port. There really isn't any harm in leaving it other than it makes me nervous and it is hard to wrestle one handed with my 6 and 8 year old nephews because I feel like the other hand needs to be over my port to protect it.

I do know that the doctor that did my surgery usually puts the ports right near the belly button, but most other doctors tend to put is higher up and closer to the left side of the rib cage. So, for many of you this may not even be a problem depending on where your doctor places your port.