Breakfast

JaniceBlack

Good Morning everyone,

Can you help me with some options on what to eat for breakfast???? It says no mushy foods and so oatmeal and eggs are mushy ?? :blink: HELP !

Good Morning everyone,

Can you help me with some options on what to eat for breakfast???? It says no mushy foods and so oatmeal and eggs are mushy ?? blink.gif HELP !

Hi Janice - I eat mushies for breakfast. I often have greek yogurt with fruit. I choose greek over your tipical yogurt because of the protein content. I cup of greek = 14 g. I also use it for dip recipes, as a replacement of sour cream....the list goes on.

Sometimes I do a protein bar, or shake. Breakfast is hard to do none mushies. I've had bacon before, but now that I have to chew it so much it kinda grosses me out by the time it's done. A slice of ham is also handy.

Sorry I am not much help, but I look forward to seeing how others reply.

• Like 1

This my morning shake ... easy to swallow, i'm always very tight first thing in the morning & it keeps me going for quite a few hours.

I put this in a blender:

2 scoops* of oats (slow cooked oats - NOT pre packaged, nor instant)

2 scoops of caseinate protein powder (caseinate is a lot slower digesting, keeping you full longer)

& 2 ice cubes with some water.

----

213cal//

2.4g fat

27.1g carbs

19g protein

*scoop is one of those little scoops you get in a container of protein powder

RE: greek yogurt - keep in mind that 'standard' yogurt has two to three times the bone building calcium of Greek yogurt. During the triple straining process, some of the calcium is removed from Greek yogurt.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone,

Can you help me with some options on what to eat for breakfast???? It says no mushy foods and so oatmeal and eggs are mushy ?? :blink: HELP !

Thank you Angie and Lindsey!!! Your information helps me.... :wub:

I do oatmeal I buy the Quaker Weight Control and I really like it. I don't put quite as much water in it as some folks so it stays thicker.

I also eat a lot of cereal (dry) to get my fiber in. I really like the Kashi Cinna Raisin Crunch. When i'm home and not in a rush I do a lot of omeletes put some mushrooms and cheese in there - yummie! Some days if i'm in a rush its just a good ole protein shake. Once i'm filled back up to where I was solids are fairly out for breakfast so it will be more shakes.