Exercise post-op

Tomorrow I will be three days post op and I want to start back on my elliptical machine. I can not walk outside here because we have a lot of snow and many of the sidewalks still have ice. I was wondering if I put the elliptical on the lowest ramp setting and a very low resistance if that should be ok? If I can't do that then I have quite a few leslie Sansone workouts that I can try.

Did any of you do other exercise besides walking right off the bat? Thank you.

Tomorrow I will be three days post op and I want to start back on my elliptical machine. I can not walk outside here because we have a lot of snow and many of the sidewalks still have ice. I was wondering if I put the elliptical on the lowest ramp setting and a very low resistance if that should be ok? If I can't do that then I have quite a few leslie Sansone workouts that I can try.

Did any of you do other exercise besides walking right off the bat? Thank you.

Hi,

I was told that I could start walking as soon as I felt up to it, but that I could not use my glider until 6 weeks from my surgery date. :mellow:

Hi,

I was told that I could start walking as soon as I felt up to it, but that I could not use my glider until 6 weeks from my surgery date. :mellow:

Hi..I was given the same advice as Janice by Dr. Martinez : no recumbent bike, treadmill, weights, etc,etc until 6 weeks post op. Just walk walk and walk some more! I lost close to 25 pounds post-op by just walking and staying on the liquid diet. :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Hi Stephanie,

I called Dr. Miranda and asked her this very questions specifically since i too have an elliptical in my living room and she said "you can start excercising after 21 days post op." And that is exactly what I did. 30 Minutes a day on the elliptical and now I am at ramp level 20 - 22 and resistance level 4 :lol:

Hi,

If you live in the land of ice and snow and walking outdoors is not safe, how about heading first thing in the morning to a mall and joining the ranks of the local mall walkers? I personally haven't done it but lot's of folks make it a part of their regular exercise program!

It's just a thought....

Hi Steph,

Well, just be careful. You are so soon out of post-op and you really need time to heal internally. The last thing you want to do is possibly ruin the wonderful work the Docs did for you.

I was given the OK to work out other than walk at the 1 month post-op, however I still wasn't allowed to do strenuous workouts till 6-8 weeks.

Take Care,

Hugs,

Kristi

Oh man that is a bummer. I will knock it off until day 22. You ladies are right, I didn't even think about what I might be doing internally. Shoot. Unfortunately, I can not get up and go to the mall to walk. I have a four year old son with autism and it is so hard to take him anywhere with me. lol He is a crazy little man so I do my exercise at home. I am just going to focus on being more active during the day. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...