Half-Way There But Not a Piece of Cake

Red

Hi everyone! Hope you all had the merrist of Christmases. I've been away so long that they went and changed the webite!

Well, just an update..was banded the end part of July and am down 30 pounds today. My goal was to be halfway (158) by my birthday, Jan. 24th but I surpassed the goal today and am at 157. I'm so happy I made this decision, but I would never tell anyone it has always been an easy journey.

I am very happy with my restriction and thankfully have had only 2 fills and one slight unfill. I'm in a good place right now. However, lately I have been sliming and throwing up a lot. My supportive hubby coaches me at meal time and reminds me to eat slowly (hard for me) and chew. But no matter how diligent I think I am being, many times my meal ends after a couple of bites and I must go slime and throw up. It has been a little frustrating lately. I'm doing liquids for a couple of days to see if things settle down. It is an ongoing, this figuring out what I can and cannot eat. Seems like one day something goes down, and the next day the same food won't work at all.

On the positive side, I LOVE seeing people I haven't seen in a long while and hearing them remark that I'm melting away. Then they want to hear all about the band. I like hearing my husband tell me I look great. I like wearing fitted clothing again. I like being able to look in the mirror without being totally disgusted. I like feeling happy that for once I am in control of food rather than it controling me and making me miserable. Do I eat things I shouldn't? Absolutely. Do I give it 100% all of the time? Nope. But I know that I am eating much less than I used to and I'm losing, not gaining. I'm not pushing myself to lose it all at once. I have given myself a year to lose the rest. I'm happy with that.

So everyone. Congratulations to you all for your many successes and every wish for a Happy and Fat Free New Year!

Love, Red

Red~!

It is so good to hear from you! It has been a long time. I am so happy that you have a wondfuld support system at home that helps remind you, what a difference that makes! Congrats on the 30 lbs!!

This process is not a piece of cake, but we will get there! Please dont be a stranger, keep us posted on how you are doing........

You do look wonderful!

Carrie

Hey Red!!

So glad to read that you are doing well and have surpassed your halfway goal (and early at that!). There is nothing like when folks start to notice the changes that losing weight produces. Wishing you a happy new year and continued success!

P.S. We have the same birthdate--Happy Birthday (a little early) :)

Hi everyone! Hope you all had the merrist of Christmases. I've been away so long that they went and changed the webite!

Well, just an update..was banded the end part of July and am down 30 pounds today. My goal was to be halfway (158) by my birthday, Jan. 24th but I surpassed the goal today and am at 157. I'm so happy I made this decision, but I would never tell anyone it has always been an easy journey.

I am very happy with my restriction and thankfully have had only 2 fills and one slight unfill. I'm in a good place right now. However, lately I have been sliming and throwing up a lot. My supportive hubby coaches me at meal time and reminds me to eat slowly (hard for me) and chew. But no matter how diligent I think I am being, many times my meal ends after a couple of bites and I must go slime and throw up. It has been a little frustrating lately. I'm doing liquids for a couple of days to see if things settle down. It is an ongoing, this figuring out what I can and cannot eat. Seems like one day something goes down, and the next day the same food won't work at all.

On the positive side, I LOVE seeing people I haven't seen in a long while and hearing them remark that I'm melting away. Then they want to hear all about the band. I like hearing my husband tell me I look great. I like wearing fitted clothing again. I like being able to look in the mirror without being totally disgusted. I like feeling happy that for once I am in control of food rather than it controling me and making me miserable. Do I eat things I shouldn't? Absolutely. Do I give it 100% all of the time? Nope. But I know that I am eating much less than I used to and I'm losing, not gaining. I'm not pushing myself to lose it all at once. I have given myself a year to lose the rest. I'm happy with that.

So everyone. Congratulations to you all for your many successes and every wish for a Happy and Fat Free New Year!

Love, Red

Hi Red, This is the first post that I have read of yours and I am glad I came across it. It turns out that we both have the same band and that we are about the same surgery weight too. I have not embraced my band yet or "LOVE" it like others do. I frankly am doubting it with every passing day and reading you post has given me inspiration and hope (along with Debbies' posts) that it is just a matter of time that I get to the same level of restriction as you and hopefully with the same results. Thank you very much for lifting my spirits.

Thanks guys! I promise to not be a stranger because I realize the people just starting out depend on the input of others that have gone before them, right? And as we each have a different experience, all of us have something to contribute. I am happy to say my issues have settled down and was able to eat some mac an cheese and some string bings last night and it went down great.

The husband came up with his own theory on what may be screwing me up. He thinks when I eat multiple items, they don't all digest at the same speed, so maybe I should eat all of my veggies at once and then the meat. I think he might be right, at least where my system is concerned. One thing I can consistantly eat without problems is a chicken teriyaki bowl from our local Waba Grill. It has chopped up chicken in sauce, steamed vegetables and brown rice. I always eat the veggies first, cuz I love them, then the chicken, then some of the rice. So maybe I will try this theory with all my meals and just eat one type of food at a time so things don't get globbed up in my stomach. Something to think about anyway!

Thanks guys! I promise to not be a stranger because I realize the people just starting out depend on the input of others that have gone before them, right? And as we each have a different experience, all of us have something to contribute. I am happy to say my issues have settled down and was able to eat some mac an cheese and some string bings last night and it went down great.

The husband came up with his own theory on what may be screwing me up. He thinks when I eat multiple items, they don't all digest at the same speed, so maybe I should eat all of my veggies at once and then the meat. I think he might be right, at least where my system is concerned. One thing I can consistantly eat without problems is a chicken teriyaki bowl from our local Waba Grill. It has chopped up chicken in sauce, steamed vegetables and brown rice. I always eat the veggies first, cuz I love them, then the chicken, then some of the rice. So maybe I will try this theory with all my meals and just eat one type of food at a time so things don't get globbed up in my stomach. Something to think about anyway!

Hi Red, according to the "banding Rules" & Dr. So at the OCC you are suppossed to eat things in groups. Dr. So said first protein, then vegetables & fruit & lastly carbs. So it sounds like your husbands theory could be the key solution.