the good news...

Good news is I am on vacation in Hawaii. The bad news is I had to get a complete unfill the day I left. From Christmas Eve until boxing Day, I could hardly swallow my spit again:( Since I have been down that road before, I got my doc to take ALL of the fluid out. I was freaking that I would be so far from home, totally dehydrated, and in a potentially dangerous situation. Perhaps a slight unfill would have been enough but I wasn't willing to take my chances and ruin my vacation.

That said, I'm enjoying myself eating things I normally can't (pineapple, tried a pig cooked in the ground at a luau, and I'm going to have sushi today for the first time in a year). I expect I will gain a few pounds but my mom (normal weight) reminded me that "normal" people DO gain weight on holidays and then get back on track when they get home. So, I will get a small fill again when I get home and try not to dwell too much on the weight stuff while on vacation. I'll report the damage on the 12th. Happy New Year.

Sabrina:)

Good news is I am on vacation in Hawaii. The bad news is I had to get a complete unfill the day I left. From Christmas Eve until boxing Day, I could hardly swallow my spit again:( Since I have been down that road before, I got my doc to take ALL of the fluid out. I was freaking that I would be so far from home, totally dehydrated, and in a potentially dangerous situation. Perhaps a slight unfill would have been enough but I wasn't willing to take my chances and ruin my vacation.

That said, I'm enjoying myself eating things I normally can't (pineapple, tried a pig cooked in the ground at a luau, and I'm going to have sushi today for the first time in a year). I expect I will gain a few pounds but my mom (normal weight) reminded me that "normal" people DO gain weight on holidays and then get back on track when they get home. So, I will get a small fill again when I get home and try not to dwell too much on the weight stuff while on vacation. I'll report the damage on the 12th. Happy New Year.

Enjoy your vacation in Hawaii!!!! :) Happy New Year to you as well!

PS: I'm on pre-op and have accidentally cheated twice already... :/ I am supposed to weigh tomorrow but will be on vacation..and was too scared to weigh today! Surgery is less than 2 weeks away and I've already lost 12 out of the 15 I'm supposed to lose so hopefully I can get those last pounds off!!

Sabrina - do you know what caused the band to close up so tight? Did you have a stuck episode or stress? Have fun on your vacation. It is so cool that you got to talk to Michael Buble! What a life you lead!

Angie, I think it got irritated because I got pills stuck and the swelling may have gone down after a couple days of liquids, but I was worried, "what if it doesn't loosen up or gets worse because I'm flying?". It's REALLY scary when even water won't go down without great difficulty. Fortunately, the band is adjustable- as soon as the fluid was taken out, I was back to normal. I feel like I don't even have a band at all. Crazy. Happy New Year everyone!

Hi Sabrina,

Have fun in Hawaii. I am going in March for a week in a half or there abouts. I will be in Oahu. Which island are you enjoying yourself on?

You will have to fill me in on what to do while out there. :)

Have a very Happy New Years!!

Hugs,

Kristi