GAS!

I'm on Day 5 (banded Jan 7) and doing well, but still having gas pains in my chest. How long does it take for these to go away? I'm taking Gas-X, and it helps a little, but not much.

Good Morning,

First off CONGRATS ON BEING BANDED :wub: :wub: Second ..... what helped me was moving both arms in circles real big and walking around. It will ease up soon.

Keep us posted on how you are doing...

Again, Congrats :wub:

Jill,

I had gas for about 2-3 weeks, although the 3rd week was not everyday. However, walking really helped me. Also Prilosec was my best friend for almost a month. My doc gave me a huge bottle to last me 3 months.

I didn't know about arm circles so good idea though.

Hugs,

Kristi

Jill,

I had gas for about 2-3 weeks, although the 3rd week was not everyday. However, walking really helped me. Also Prilosec was my best friend for almost a month. My doc gave me a huge bottle to last me 3 months.

I didn't know about arm circles so good idea though.

Hugs,

Kristi

Thanks, Kristi--it's good to know you had it for that long! I've been getting worried after having it for only 6 days! I'll try priolosec--is that over-the-counter?

Jill,

I am pretty sure you can buy it over the counter. I have it in capsule form and I open the capsule up and take the beads and drink water. That is what my Doc told me to do. :) I didn't try to take it whole cuz I was too scared to try for fear of pain or being stuck.

Kristi