pregnancy

I've done a forum search, I'm not finding a answer. I really wanted to hear from those who actually got pregnant after being banded. I've heard you need to wait 1 year. But has anyone gotten pregnant before the year?..who ever can relate, it would be nice to hear from you.

Google Malley Surgical, or something like that. There is a video blog on his web-site of a patient who got pregnant just a few months after she was banded.

I watched that interview on Youtube. Things did not work out for her and the band and she ended up having to be debanded after having the baby. Great interview. She continued to loose weight during her pregnancy with the band. I think she lost a total of 70 pounds before the band was removed. She was down 70 pounds when her baby was just a few months old. The irony is that she did not start having complications until after she had the baby. She says she could not keep water down.

I've done a forum search, I'm not finding a answer. I really wanted to hear from those who actually got pregnant after being banded. I've heard you need to wait 1 year. But has anyone gotten pregnant before the year?..who ever can relate, it would be nice to hear from you.

Hello,

I was actually approximately 3 days preganat when I got banded, it was so early in the preganacy that no pregnancy would have been able to pick it up. I know I was shocked and scared, but fortunately everything went great. I have a beautiful and healthy 8 month old son. After the doctors found out I had been banded they just told me not to get it filled until 6 weeks post-partum. I actually wonder about that decision sometimes, because I was banded but I had no fill in, and I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy. Maybe I would have gained less with a little restriction. After the six weeks were up I got my forst fill, and then my second. Now 8 months after delivery i lost the 60 lbs i gained.

Hope all that info helps you......

let me know if u have more questions and good luck.

I don't really want to wait a year, so hopefully I can get away with waiting 6-8 months. I plan on asking the doctors when I go there what they recommend, I have heard testimonies from many people how got pregnant before a year (on the other forum) so I am hoping I can do it sooner.

I watched that interview on Youtube. Things did not work out for her and the band and she ended up having to be debanded after having the baby. Great interview. She continued to loose weight during her pregnancy with the band. I think she lost a total of 70 pounds before the band was removed. She was down 70 pounds when her baby was just a few months old. The irony is that she did not start having complications until after she had the baby. She says she could not keep water down.

Yikes! Didn't know about that, obviously I have not checked for updates recently. Thanks for shareing.

I was banded Sept 08 and got pregnant in June 09. I am about 33 weeks along now and have done fine. Did have to get an unfill around 6 months along because I was PB'ing all of the time. Have gained the normal amt of weight and am looking forward to being refilled after delivery. I haven't had any problems and was only about 10 lbs from goal when I got pregnant. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions if you need. Best of Luck :)

Thank you everyone, I really want another baby. I want to have my children while Im still in school. This is something I thought about before having the surgery, but I also read so many stories of people having a successul pregnancy with their lap band, before their one year was up. So thank you for the input.